BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

23 minutes ago, Just Here said:

What does this have to do with the use of "bugles?"

Perhaps they sell the edible kind at the concession stands there? :tongue:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwetstein said:

Forget about the G Bugles; Bring back the Glassmen!

Or to follow the opening theme of the thread

BRING. BACK. THE. GLASSMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think that's a sentiment we can all get behind, not some silly theory that G bugles sound louder or better that Bb trumpets)

Bring back an irresponsible organization that went $300,000 in the red by making horrible business decisions in the name of, 'it is for the kids'; well ok then.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Bring back an irresponsible organization that went $300,000 in the red by making horrible business decisions in the name of, 'it is for the kids'; well ok then.

Ok, "Bring back an organization that put on field shows we generally liked but with better organizational and fiscal decision-making capabilities!" :thumbs-up:

That's going to have to wrap around the back of the t-shirt though.

Mike

(And FWIW, 2008 Finals was the only one I've ever attended live, and I wholeheartedly agree about the atmosphere.  That's why Open prelims/finals are in Mich. City in a few minutes - they wanted a stadium that made the corps feel like rock stars.)

• Like 2

And if it rains at an outdoor championship venue and the show is canceled/shortened, the "electric atmosphere" turns into the "WTF was DCI thinking???" atmosphere. Complaints from the same folks who complain about indoor drum corps.  :tongue:

I know there are some challenges indoors... but the older I get, no rain, no sun beating down on me during prelims, and a nice, air-conditioned venue... I'll take it. LOL.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 4:26 PM, GlassmenBtone said:

STOP MAKING THE KIDS RUN AROUND LIKE ANTS AND LET THEM PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT!! I HATE WHAT DRUM CORPS HAS BECOME!!!!!!!!

Having read only this first post, my initial reactions are:

(1) Tell that to the people complaining about BD "parking and barking".

(2) Adding true bugles in addition to other brass instruments would be good. Why stop the brass expansion at trombones and French horns?

This " Bugles " thread will have a long " shelf live ". I can tell. Lots of " food for thought ".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And if it rains at an outdoor championship venue and the show is canceled/shortened, the "electric atmosphere" turns into the "WTF was DCI thinking???" atmosphere. Complaints from the same folks who complain about indoor drum corps.  :tongue:

I know there are some challenges indoors... but the older I get, no rain, no sun beating down on me during prelims, and a nice, air-conditioned venue... I'll take it. LOL.

Amen, Fran!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This " Bugles " thread will have a long " shelf live ". I can tell. Lots of " food for thought ".

Bugles are great "food" for thought, I hear.

• Like 1