BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

23 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Ok, "Bring back an organization that put on field shows we generally liked but with better organizational and fiscal decision-making capabilities!" :thumbs-up:

That's going to have to wrap around the back of the t-shirt though.

Mike

(And FWIW, 2008 Finals was the only one I've ever attended live, and I wholeheartedly agree about the atmosphere.  That's why Open prelims/finals are in Mich. City in a few minutes - they wanted a stadium that made the corps feel like rock stars.)

I love that it's there.  It's very intimate and the sound is great.  If Jim didn't have work today and tomorrow. It would have been fun to go.  

20 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And if it rains at an outdoor championship venue and the show is canceled/shortened, the "electric atmosphere" turns into the "WTF was DCI thinking???" atmosphere. Complaints from the same folks who complain about indoor drum corps.  :tongue:

I know there are some challenges indoors... but the older I get, no rain, no sun beating down on me during prelims, and a nice, air-conditioned venue... I'll take it. LOL.

That may be a slight concern to think about if the chosen city for Finals typically has a lot of rain in August. But from 1972 to 2008, how many Finals were actually rained-out at the outdoor Finals sites? Some rain occurred a few times like in Jackskn, but Zero 'rain-outs' in 34 years (I excluded the Finals at Olympic stadium in Canada).  Also, this is a summer activity so come on, sitting outside is an expectation.

Edited by Stu

4 minutes ago, cube said:

Bugles are great "food" for thought, I hear.

So much to digest on this thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

So much to digest on this thread.

Everybody is feasting on each other's comments.

2 minutes ago, cube said:

Everybody is feasting on each other's comments.

I can't stomach some of it though.. can you ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

Ya gotta have the stomach for it though,.

Just be careful not to make a fool of yourself by regurgitating your thoughts onto the thread.

3 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Indeed.

Much easier on your stomach if you just go with waffles.

Thats a tasty reply, I must admit.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Gotcha; the composition of the first photo still stands though to support my point. Thousands of people packed together filling a medium size stadium, or a close-up of people packed together no matter the venue size, is more impressive than showing the same number in a wide shot at a 70,000 seat venue where the stands are 3/4 empty. And like I also stated, the electric atmosphere at a sold-out medium sized stadium is way more intense than the same number of people in a place that is 3/4 empty.

What exactly is your point