A question for the purists: was there more that could have been done?

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO if you change nothing nothing's going to change. I don't want it to be like when I marched. 

I am not saying that electronics in DCI is good or bad idea. But I will state that changing from what works extremely well 'just for the sake of progressive change' is not progress, and typically changes in the name of change end up for the worse not better.

4 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Is that really your only input, Stu?  I was hoping you'd dissect my points and provide some insightful feedback.  I mean, that's literally all I asked you to do earlier.  But if you just want to troll, I'll tell you exactly the same thing I told you in the other thread.  

But I'll add this.  You haven't even seen snark yet.  And I'd kind of like to keep it that way.  So don't test me, ok?

your points have been dissected.....hasnt slowed you down

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone truly gets where I'm coming from.  Actually, that's not fair.  I know many do.  But those individuals have simply already given up on the activity, and do not comment on DCP.

I think people here are just so used to being beaten down by the same 5 or 6 trolls on here, they've just adapted a Stockholm Syndrome thousand yard stare.  I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I don't want to read anyone else's thoughts on it, because it reminds me that I don't like it.

If you truly got where I'm coming from.......I don't think you'd be trying to change my opinion.

we get it. you feel the activity sold its soul to people you blame as evildoers hell bent on destroying the drum corps version you love and adored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh sure, EVERYONE  would like that

:ninja::blink::whistle::innocent:

1 hour ago, Stu said:

So did 90,000 of those postings of yours transfer over from RAMD?

oh lord no

Carry on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more!

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die

Hand over the activity that we love,  This activity is for youth, our time was amazing, let them chart the course they choose...

A sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations does not mean it was better...

I think the future is in good hands...

4 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Hand over the activity that we love,  This activity is for youth, our time was amazing, let them chart the course they choose...

So Meehan, Glyde, Johnson, Shaw, Renninck should hand over the activity to the youth..... Ok, who?

Edited by Stu

11 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

If you truly got where I'm coming from.......I don't think you'd be trying to change my opinion.

Congratulations for what has to be the most arrogant statement I've ever read on DCP.  What in the Wide World of East Tennessee has qualified you for such wanton self-regard?  Cathy Leach teach you that?

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

Congratulations for what has to be the most arrogant statement I've ever read on DCP.  What in the Wide World of East Tennessee has qualified you for such wanton self-regard?

There's nothing arrogant about that statement.  You're way off base.

That said, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm not a knowledgeable man with insight into this activity.  I do know a thing, or two....or seventeen thousand...about music and drum corps (including yours...why, I even have some recordings of the Presidents, and I even arranged some music for the DCA reboot), and there's no shame or arrogance in admitting it, nor for having regard for oneself.

Why don't you tell me what's really your beef, and we'll go from there.  If you have anything of substance to add to the discourse, then by all means, do so.  Otherwise, what exactly are you doing?

And FYI yeah, Cathy did teach me to stand up for what I believe in.  And that is precisely what I am going to do, with or without your consent.

Edited by Bobby L. Collins