The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Please tell me you’re not comparing a drum corps prop to the travesty going on in our country. #cutmeabreak #itsmarchingband  

Sometimes it's hard for imagery to not invoke a comparison to similar images, even if it wasn't intentional.

It's like how a whole bunch of TV shows and movies weren't released after 9/11 just because they MIGHT draw comparisons.  But, after time passed, they could.

I should also note that the video popped up on my Twitter feed, which is crammed with tweets about current events. 

This isn’t just a “marching band”. The Cavaliers are a marketer marketing a product. Any advertiser who had a commercial of young men in a cage wouldn’t want their ad in the middle of news coverage of young men in cages.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

...... dang it..... oh well, I am going to just not watch anything else until they get to Texas.

HOW do you do this every year.... that’s some will power! (Also I’ve always wanted to say this to you: horns down guns up :laughing:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

HOW do you do this every year.... that’s some will power! (Also I’ve always wanted to say this to you: horns down guns up :laughing:)

Bahahahaha!!! No worries! I actually went to SHSU, but I enjoy all Texas teams.... except for one.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Bahahahaha!!! No worries! I actually went to SHSU, but I enjoy all Texas teams.... except for one.

Haha yup me too except it’s two.... I hope yours is either the horned frogs or bears. 

7 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Haha yup me too except it’s two.... I hope yours is either the horned frogs or bears. 

No, but I will say it is a team in Dallas.... lol, but I admit I respect them.

Edit: actually Arlington

Edited by Hook'emCavies

27 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

No, but I will say it is a team in Dallas.... lol, but I admit I respect them.

Edit: actually Arlington

How 'bout them Cowboys? :bigsmile: