Mankato, MN - July 2, 2018

I still think BS are missing the boat by not cutting up that lumber and selling it in the souvie stand to over-zealous high schoolers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I still think BS are missing the boat by not cutting up that lumber and selling it in the souvie stand to over-zealous high schoolers.

I know their first post after the season at the dci garage sale...multiple tool drawer chests. Stores rifles, roughly handled tape measures, and 100 used tool belts. Children’s broadcasting company preferred. 

Btw...I liked their show. They are having fun and the colors make the field look full. 

Loved the encore by Genesis.  Yes I’m a big time homer, but jazz and Metallica with 80 horns 15 feet from the stands can never be wrong.  The high schoolers were jamming in the stands.  Wish Genesis was projecting that kind of power and energy with the feet moving.  If they can get that going, watch out!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrumScorps said:

Lineup & Times
All times CT and subject to change

6:50    Minnesota Brass - St. Paul, MN
7:00    Welcome & National Anthem

So apparently MBI did put together a Sound Sport team for this summer? I know that was suggested when they announced they wouldn't field a corps this year.

14 hours ago, DrumScorps said:

Lineup & Times
All times CT and subject to change

[...]

7:08    Chops - Minneapolis, MN
7:26    Govenaires - St. Peter, MN

Anybody see Chops or Govies tonight? Both in exhibition, it appears, but I'm curious how they're doing. Particularly Chops, since they've moved up to DCA's Open Class this year.