Allentown Welcomes You - Ins and Outs

43 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I often do Amish Country. Beautiful photo opportunities though remember the Amish themselves do not like to be photographed. Great baked goods too. 

Another favorite is Hershey Park. Dorney Park has a good rep too. Both are pricey if you’re planning on Saturday only. 

I stay in Quakertown and there is a restaurant there Quakertown Family Restaurant that is good for breakfast.

Hershey Park was closed almost all of last week due to historic flooding.  Much of that central part of the state was ravaged, so call ahead of you are thinking about visiting Amish Country. 

I only live about 1.25 hours from Allentown, but i make a weekend of it with a hotel room both nights and afternoons spent just hanging out!  Maybe NEXT year I can afford the pilgrimage to Indy...

Plenty of street parking in the neighborhood SOUTH of Hamilton Street (areas behind Yocco's) Clean, safe neighborhood. You will be walking over to the bottom of the stadium (Main Gate 1). This is the entrance to the bus parking "zoo" along the street directly behind the backfield.  Fascinating, chaotic area featuring corps performers in and out of uniform, corps member cook truck meals, keyboards and props pushed in every direction. Flags spinning, rifles tossed, and appreciative fans looking on. After show is quite a street scene. Oh, and the occasional bus fumes.

BE VERY CAREFUL crossing Hamilton Street!  This year, one lane of the bridge outside Hamilton Family Diner is closed for construction, so traffic will be slow moving at times.

Edited by Fred Windish

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

@Jeff Ream can you help my friend with your parking area? 

Already filled. We have to get the info in by June now

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWW11 said:

Hershey Park was closed almost all of last week due to historic flooding.  Much of that central part of the state was ravaged, so call ahead of you are thinking about visiting Amish Country. 

I only live about 1.25 hours from Allentown, but i make a weekend of it with a hotel room both nights and afternoons spent just hanging out!  Maybe NEXT year I can afford the pilgrimage to Indy...

Hershey opened back up yesterday. A concert last night and WWE tonight

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Plenty of street parking in the neighborhood SOUTH of Hamilton Street (areas behind Yocco's) Clean, safe neighborhood. You will be walking over to the bottom of the stadium (Main Gate 1). This is the entrance to the bus parking "zoo" along the street directly behind the backfield.  Fascinating, chaotic area featuring corps performers in and out of uniform, corps member cook truck meals, keyboards and props pushed in every direction. Flags spinning, rifles tossed, and appreciative fans looking on. After show is quite a street scene. Oh, and the occasional bus fumes.

BE VERY CAREFUL crossing Hamilton Street!  This year, one lane of the bridge outside Hamilton Family Diner is closed for construction, so traffic will be slow moving at times.

Yes please be careful. In 1995 a Westshoremen bass drummer was hit 45 minutes before warmups. So I got to be basses 1 and 2 for a few weeks

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow!  But it is a great area so I understand. 

We have to now. Too many scammers trying to get in

• Like 1

There's a sports bar...  Big Woody's... basically across Hamilton Street from the stadium area. We had our Crossmen and Alumni and Friends gathering there last year on Friday night, and will be there again this Friday.

Pretty decent pub grub, good beer selection, not as crowded (at least it wasn't that Friday night last year) as the Hamilton Family Restaurant, and an easy walk to the stadium.

Edited by Fran Haring

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hershey opened back up yesterday. A concert last night and WWE tonight

My next-door neighbors just got back from that concert. LOL.

They camped out for the weekend... had to stay at a campground farther out than they had planned, because the one closest to Hershey Park was flooded.

Does anyone local know if they are planning to close off the entire street again? (The one which runs behind the visitors side all the way down to Ott Blvd) They have closed it now these past two seasons and it is getting really difficult to find RV parking.