Buffalo (well, Orchard Park), NY - August 5, 2018

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Oh boy.  Back to the Sox/Yankees game.

Hope neither team's pitchers attempt to drill a batter in tonite's game.

• Haha 1

Cavies - They were awesome. Maybe some jitters from the slight electronics delay, though. It keeps being talked about, but the closer has a lot of good ideas that just don’t gel together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Cavies - They were awesome. Maybe some jitters from the slight electronics delay, though. It keeps being talked about, but the closer has a lot of good ideas that just don’t gel together.

I think that’s supposed to be the idea — You’ve seen A Beautiful Mind? — but if you don’t have an intimate idea of who John Nash was this ending is very confusing.  I was expecting a high energy triumphant ending with the Bolero theme prominent at triple forte.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

OK, time to file this talk away.  It's just plane boring.

We've Only Just Begun.

• Haha 2

As to The Cavaliers’ closer, it’s frustrating to watch and even worse on the ears. I love my old corps but this ending isn’t consistent with the rest of the program which is unbelievably well-designed.  It’s too late to change things now I think but maybe changing something would help.  

Look, I’m a math and physics guy and I love to think — but I don’t want to have to think during the last 90 seconds of a drum corps show.  I want to be blown away by volume and wowed by an amazing final visual.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 1

Bloo was a PARTY! They know how to make a show that is both fun and makes total sense. Only problem was a bit too much bass synth at times.

• Like 5