Carolina Crown 2019

Just now, Incognito365 said:

Like they came out fighting in 2019 after placing 4th?

Do you have some problem with the way Crown started the 2019 season?  

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Thank God someone understands my post without me having to go on a 3 page rant with them! Lol. Boston is the new darling. Crown literally dropped from everyone's radar when Boston pulled their money out. Everyone loved them from 2007 to 2016 and once that staff left people were predicting the downfall of Crown. Now that Cavaliers are surging back to what they once were and Boston is performing well folks are predicting Crown to fall to 5th or 6th even when they have been proving to everyone all season that they aren't going anywhere. 

Let me simplify for all the nay-sayers...

GE is still climbing.

Percussion is beating Bluecoats and fighting with SCV.

Brass is winning.

The only thing that will hold them back is the guard and VA scores. Even those can be sorted out during these 3 days off. There is no rhyme or reason to people predicting the downfall other than they are feeding into the Boston and Cavaliers hype (which is hyperbole). 

And yes, we do need to place top 3.

Kids could decide that since they haven't medaled in 2 years that they want to go to another corps that has, which will cause a fall in talent. 

If a corps that doesn't march more than the rest of the corps (and yes, it is by a d@mn good amount compared to the rest of the top 3 in minutes marched and distance covered [and please, nobody ask me to time it because if you can't see it for yourself then your bias is blinding you]), then we will see more corps go to staging and flutter step which will cause a shift in style, and Crown will fall or be forced to change styles as well. I don't come to drum corps wanting to watch music played at 140 bpm or drill that you don't actually march with a bunch of scatter sets that look messy. If I want to watch that I will stick with the local band circuits. I want to see music played at speeds that normal musicians don't dare touch, drill at breakneck speeds and actually has a flow to it, and musicians pushing themselves to the limit.

I give the kids (and Crown organization) more credit than you do.  I think they will do fine in retention and recruiting and will put out a fantastic show next year ... As they did this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PamahoNow said:

Sure do. Started in 2018 when the designers met. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PamahoNow said:

I give the kids (and Crown organization) more credit than you do.

Congratulations. Here's you a cookie.

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Sure do. Started in 2018 when the designers met. 

Then you gripe is not with me but with the designers, right?  I did nothing about this show.  They did.  And I think they created a great show.

AND... Boston is basically marching an old Crown show .. which is not a bad thing .. but it is ... what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Then you gripe is not with me but with the designers, right?  I did nothing about this show.  They did.  And I think they created a great show.

Who said my "gripe" is with you? Shew, you're taking things too personally around here. Stop typing before you think. It would save all of us some time.

Just now, BWise said:

AND... Boston is basically marching an old Crown show .. which is not a bad thing .. but it is ... what it is. 

That staff just won't throw away their show(t)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t believe Crown fanaddicts had a problem with how CC started the season, but more than a few of us—yours truly, guilty as charged—had concerns that it was going to be a repeat of ‘18. 

Crown design staff seem to have it right: a ###### challenging show, with very high demand. And if the corps could eventually execute at a high level, it would be rewarded.

Their faith in the MM’s ability to pull it off would seem to be bearing fruit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Who said my "gripe" is with you? Shew, you're taking things too personally around here. Stop typing before you think. It would save all of us some time.

You were arguing with me... right?  maybe when you quoted me and then said the problem was with the designers, I should have ignored your response.  Peace.  Maybe "gripe" was the wrong word.  I though you were head or heels about the Crown show.  To the point that you criticize those who don't think Crown will score as high as you do.  The top six shows this year are FABULOUS.  And Crown is in that mix.  I hope they and all other shows maximize their show and present a grand show the next three days.

• Like 3