Predators, past thoughts, future forecast?

2 hours ago, bullethead said:

http://cdn.radioiowa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Thompson-ruling.pdf

Not wikipedia. 

I guess you'll trust a drum corps press release over a valid government document. This isn't the Warren Report.

Get your head out of the sand.

and we all know the Warren report was doctored

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI really is at a crossroads here, imo.

They are playing a shell game. I am ready to go back to Reddit and read Genesis's PR saying nothing occurred with having this person on staff. If something did then it did. Their statement clearly said that nothing occurred. But now I am doubting myself and will go there again to confirm.  If they said that, is the PR some type of damage control. Have we learned nothing from the Cadets? Confused. 

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

They are playing a shell game. I am ready to go back to Reddit and read Genesis's PR saying nothing occurred with having this person on staff. If something did then it did. Their statement clearly said that nothing occurred. But now I am doubting myself and will go there again to confirm.  If they said that, is the PR some type of damage control. Have we learned nothing from the Cadets? Confused. 

I take a lot of what I see on Reddit the same way I take what I see here or anywhere else...with a grain of salt unless I truly know the poster

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I take a lot of what I see on Reddit the same way I take what I see here or anywhere else...with a grain of salt unless I truly know the poster 

I know there was another poster named Bluzes that in known to think Reddit is not your friend. I went back, don't go it's worse today now posters on DCP are being quoted over there. The more your read he has a lot of baggage poster sounds like a past victim or scorned lover more that a concerned parent????? Quote below, led me to believe no real investigation just thought's of inappropriateness possibilities, nothing concrete.

The quote

It's also very important to note that almost universally everyone who is currently white-knighting for Thompson AGREE that he should not be teaching there. Think about that for a moment. The entire validation and defense boils down to "He paid his dues, and he's a terrific guy.......but it's not appropriate for him to be there."

And as far as I can tell, the only individuals who think it is appropriate are the Genesis Board of Directors (which includes the corps' executive director). And THAT is the issue at hand here.

Edited by Bluzes

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Don't conflate two separate issues. One issue is whether or not a Genesis adult hire had 3 known episodes as a former school employee of having a female student come to his home on 3 occasions and engaging in kissing and hugging her there.  .. and frequent correspondance with the female minor and the correspondance unrelated to school work.  The second issue is whether or not this hire had any unlawful incidents with minors when later on he was hired with Genesis through this 2018 season. Neither issue's facts seems in dispute. He had no deviant acts issues while employed at Genesis, from reports.  What troubles some however, is why a person with such a serious breech of trust with minors should have been hired/ retained in the 1st place. Arn't there enough young, ambitious, and talented people out there looking for positions in DCI Drum Corps that DON'T have such serious  episodes of breech of trust failures in their supervisor capacities with minors  on the public record/  or in their background ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I know there was another poster named Bluzes that in known to think Reddit is not your friend. I went back, don't go it's worse today now posters on DCP are being quoted over there (not me). Guess this is what caught my eye thinking every thing is hunky dory. The more your read he has a lot of baggage sounds like a past victim or scorned lover more that a concerned parent????? Spooky 

The quote

It's also very important to note that almost universally everyone who is currently white-knighting for Thompson AGREE that he should not be teaching there. Think about that for a moment. The entire validation and defense boils down to "He paid his dues, and he's a terrific guy.......but it's not appropriate for him to be there."

And as far as I can tell, the only individuals who think it is appropriate are the Genesis Board of Directors (which includes the corps' executive director). And THAT is the issue at hand here.

oh send me the link i need good reading material

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:
16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

oh send me the link i need good reading material

You sleep less than me. The link I use is the one on the first post of the Now Genesis Thread. It's the verbiage underneath the picture of the retreat. I should bookmark it myself because you first need to click through someone's blank Facebook page where they found a way to hide their identity there and it directs you to the Reddit page, the whole thing is spooky.

3 hours ago, bullethead said:

http://cdn.radioiowa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Thompson-ruling.pdf

Not wikipedia. 

I guess you'll trust a drum corps press release over a valid government document. This isn't the Warren Report.

Get your head out of the sand.

I read the report, and I started thinking...

Even if a person gets all this training and passes a psych exam, comes out with flying colors, and also stays clean for 5 years, who in God's name would still hire them in the teaching field? I'm wondering if this was done to placate the AFT or NEA and/or whether the individual gets a position back in the school district after the suspension.

It's better than ending up in jail or having the license permanently revoked, but IMHO not by much, at best a face saving measure. Let me tell you, if I interviewed against an individual like this and got beaten out... I'd be blowing the horn pretty loud to the local radio and paper about this person's history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Don't conflate two separate issues

Thank You I had it right the first time but was told I had my head in the sand (not by you) I took that seriously and clicked his link that was dated 2011 and was confused again. It is good to finally determine that no Genesis kids were affected, nothing is being covered up.

It proves no matter what your best intensions are, how much of a good guy, how cheap is willing to work, how far you go back together you can't hire him. A simple Risk Assessment a common business practice, guidelines not to be ignored that were learned from experience and are there for a reason. The kind of advise you get from business assessment firms.