Predators, past thoughts, future forecast?

22 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Mr Music Man your wonderful. NJ is the place all issues start, begin, have origins thought you were gonna pull a fast one did you, I am FROM NJ. Know about things we shouldn't discuss.

No point at all but my post before this one was fill of goodies real eye candy for the powers to be to kick around. Us we just beat our heads together and wonder why my last post wasn't funny. Sad for all of us to be placed in this space. Best of Luck 

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Maybe this will settle this.

I'm not a lawyer,but I asked a friend of mine who is, to look at the "Stipulation and Order".

He said, in his opinion, the way the document is written,all the stipulations apply to the document,as signed,especially since it was signed as "Respondent"

As far as a plea bargain,the document identifies  what were agreed to by both  parties as  the facts against the Respondent and penalties imposed by the Board.

There is no way to know, from that document ,if he may have been accused of additional transgressions, or if the Board may have wanted more severe penalties.

All we know is that this is what both sides  agreed to.

My thought is did each part of the agreement have a place to sign or was it one signature to cover the whole document? My understanding is if you sign the one and only dotted line you agree to everything.

Knew someone who was part of a group sting. State was after 2 guys but drug in 8 for some reason. He finally took a plea bargain to keep from going broke with legal expenses. He disagreed with what he signed but in the eyes of the law he admitted to doing something wrong once he signed. Two years probation and record cleared after 5 years and his business stayed open.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Yes, the Warren Report is irrelevant here, and whether it was doctored or not, is likewise irrelevant to any of this. Getting back on track here, the Education Board Finding that was linked here and elsewhere regarding his incidents with the minor in his home is neither doctored, nor in dispute. The accused signed the Education Board's Findings, and agreed ( with his signature ) they were accurate as written by the Education Board on his unlawful 3 episodes of a sexual nature with the student female minor in his home. He was suspended for 5 years for these incidents, and required to seek mental health evaluation and treatment, and boundary restrictions on school grounds and with students in the state of Iowa, and that his agreement would be in the Public Record,. All part of the terms that were metered out and to which he agreed to in 2011. These are all facts here, and not in dispute. Just sayin', Jeff.

the point is i have seen government documents typed up to fit a certain narrative...even police records.

I'm not saying this is the case here. But government documents do not always tell the whole story.

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Essentially.  He accepted a five-year license suspension to avoid a hearing on the case.

one doesnt accept something like this because they are innocent. They sign something like this to keep their ### out of jail

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

.  We will never solve that if people refuse to read the document, and get a grasp on that detail.

Are you referring to  Drum Corps fans here as the " people ", or the" people" entrusted with the responsibility to properly vett applicants for positions in their Corps to be certain they did not have 5 years loss of teaching license, and restrictions to school grounds in a state,  requirements for a mental health evaluation, and follow ups, for having untrustworthy and multiple episodes of unlawful activities as a supervisor over undeage minors ?. For context here, there is no challenge by Genesis that they were handicapped by alleged " inadequate public records reporting " to determine this guys mental and character fitness for his hire .  Most DCP'ers can easily and in a few minutes access his public record showing his misdeeds that led to his removal and then subsequent 5 year suspension by the Iowa Board of Education in a heartbeat. Also, " people " will not fully appreciate and get a grasp of the harm that was done unless we heard from the victim(s) " on that detail", either. Suffice to say that the schools do a FAR better job of vetting applicants for teaching positions in the schools than some DCI Drum Corps do. And ironically, the school hires generally are mostly day jobs with the minors in classroom settings and typically do not involve going overnight on 9 week tours from schools to schools in dozens of states each summer.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not saying this is the case here. But government documents do not always tell the whole story.

True. Chicago mobster kingpin Al Capone went to jail for the guilty verdict of " Federal Income Tax Evasion ". Thats it.  Failure to pay his Taxes. Those IRS Government Documents he failed to properly fill out, and pay his due amount to the Feds ,does not adequately tell us " the whole story " regarding the years of criminality of Mr. Capone either.

Edited by BRASSO

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Read it again.  There is no admission of guilt in that document.  There are no stipulations to what he "did", only to what he was accused/charged.

there's no admission of guilt in a presidential pardon...but you don't accept it if innocent

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Most DCP'ers can easily and in a few minutes access his public record

Maybe not that easily done but doable. However over at Reddit where this originated. The level of detail of this persons history is overwhelming . Posting as or on behalf of a frustrated parent (their cover). Does not add up to being an overly concerned parent that just allegedly discovered this 2 days ago. Their misplaced full of rage actions/frustrations/attitudes that their kid WAS Not/COULD HAVE BEEN but is really just fine back at home the concern doesn't add up?

Whatever is going on over at Reddit its called baggage for a reason. The corps is not where that anger is pointed. The poster later on says she was a victim of this person but where ? it didn't seem it was from any recent encounters. What a sad situation, that is being discussed on Reddit under a picture of a Full dci Retreat. 

Lessons being learned the hard way.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My thought is did each part of the agreement have a place to sign or was it one signature to cover the whole document? My understanding is if you sign the one and only dotted line you agree to everything.

Jeff Ream posted a link to the "Stipulation and Order".

Its on page 5 of this thread.

Mr. Thompson , the Respondent, signed the   "Licensee Declaration ", which follows  the "Stipulation'" section.

The Board of Education Examiners' representative signed the "Order" section of the document.

Edited by rpbobcat

21 hours ago, bullethead said:

I guess you'll trust a drum corps press release over a valid government document. This isn't the Warren Report.

My wording above was taken out of context my fault. I should have made it clear that nothing happed recently while employed by the corps from all reports or lack thereof but I don't really know anything.  Corps should have dogged the bullet .