Sure Hope This Never Happens in DCI or DCA

On 10/22/2018 at 3:36 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Think we had a rehearsal site near that bridge in the very late 70s. All I remember is looking at the river and water was brown or some nasty color. Really made the Susquehanna River at the time look good by comparison.

Jim.... Rickie Lee went and swam in that harbor water. I watched. We all watched in amazement. When he got out, he was covered in some kind of thin black film when they toweled him off. One of the craziest and semi-disturbing things I saw at Westshore.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Jim.... Rickie Lee went and swam in that harbor water. I watched. We all watched in amazement. When he got out, he was covered in some kind of thin black film when they toweled him off. One of the craziest and semi-disturbing things I saw at Westshore.

GLAD I missed that. Tops him eating a cigarette year before. He said he didn’t but someone else said it came up later. Glad I missed that too.

note for everyone else: talking about a high schooler in a Senior Corps. The “kids” were not intimidated at all

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, BigW said:

I remember that.

I also knew, having spent a decent amount of time in Bayonne when I was a kid, to never even get remotely close to that water.  LOL.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I remember that.

I also knew, having spent a decent amount of time in Bayonne when I was a kid, to never even get remotely close to that water.  LOL.

That like sheen and film.... I think most of thought he was gonna get poisoned or worse. Mind everyone out there, this was pre-"Jackass".

1 hour ago, BigW said:

That like sheen and film.... I think most of thought he was gonna get poisoned or worse. Mind everyone out there, this was pre-"Jackass".

Late 60s/early 70s Susquehanna River was pretty polluted by mine runoff and other things. If river was low it just stank. Guys who remembered that looked at the river by Bayonne and were like WHOA!!!!

16 hours ago, BigW said:

Forgot to mention ran into Ricky Lee in the mid 90s at a training class. It was “Hi Rick”, “Hi Jim”, pause 2 seconds and wth? We were taking Unix computer system administrator class. After 8 years of that I bailed and went back to programming. All I say is the best Unix admins I know are kind of twisted. (Trying not to look at a mirror as I type that)

3 hours ago, BigW said:

The "Jackass" crew could have taken a few cues from drum corps folks back in those days!!! :tongue:

It was a toxic stew in those waters, no question. One of the jokes among the locals was that everyone could be God and walk on that water. :laughing:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

The "Jackass" crew could have taken a few cues from drum corps folks back in those days!!! :tongue:

It was a toxic stew in those waters, no question. One of the jokes among the locals was that everyone could be God and walk on that water. :laughing:

McShane. Nuff said

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

McShane. Nuff said

No one better!!!   A Box 6 lunatic.  Heck... Box 10. :laughing: