George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

32 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

After a 35 year break I came back to drum Corp because I somehow in June 2017 came upon a GH livestream. So then I joined Flo-marching  and caught every show I could because I loved that show, that corps! I even filled out a lengthy survey from dci about how awesome the daily live-streams and Cadets were. Heck I even started donating... often! So I don’t agree with the statement running the corps into the ground. I ask you, did the Garfield Cadets 80’s and 90’s,  have a whole bunch of people doubting them and gossiping about them - no they did not. They were a unified unit! I would imagine over time the negativity and outside friction would have taken it’s toll.  Was it one sided, no, did George say he wished he would have handled personal interactions with the Alumni differently, he absolutely did. He was one man wereing many hats. He was far from a perfect human. But I’m sorry, maybe the corps wasn’t winning DCI but they were still amazing! It just didn’t have to happen, this way.  

actually there was a lot in the 90's especially about finances, but the internet wasn't as prevalent then

on reddit i saw the post that most likely got comments turned off on that blog. i tried to paste it here, but for some reason chrome won't let me. it's a well thought out read.

I do find it funny a month before the next court date suddenly there's a slew of defenders coming out of the woodworks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

on reddit i saw the post that most likely got comments turned off on that blog. i tried to paste it here, but for some reason chrome won't let me. it's a well thought out read.

I do find it funny a month before the next court date suddenly there's a slew of defenders coming out of the woodworks.

I would have. I have just been private messaging people since last summer. Right before Thanksgiving I started to post. I had no idea George was going to start posting. I know I was just tired of hearing one side and also no one really knew about what lead up as far as the  small group of Alumni’s involvement and the details of how everything came together. 

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

old alumni defense

Jeff how did you know that is in The Chiefs playbook for tomorrow? Before you know it it will be all over Reddit & The Medium.

Edited by Bluzes

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I don’t think the judge cares. 

1 minute ago, Lancer79 said:

I don’t think the judge cares.

Do you think it will go to trial or a plea deal?

10 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I would have. I have just been private messaging people since last summer. Right before Thanksgiving I started to post. I had no idea George was going to start posting. I know I was just tired of hearing one side and also no one really knew about what lead up as far as the  small group of Alumni’s involvement and the details of how everything came together. 

you think that old alumni defense will hold up well in court? you think two women are willing to put everything on the line to lie?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Do you think it will go to trial or a plea deal?

as you can see, admitting guilt isn't his style

• Like 1

I have no idea about any of that court stuff. I would love to see a way of resolution and forgiveness and all the lawyer monies go to the Cadets!  

23 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

all the lawyer monies go to the Cadets!   

You lost me with this comment, I am not the brightest bulb on DCP please explain.