Bush 2019

5 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Beats White Sabres before penalties.....are they setting us up for another season long development capped off by a  spectacular finals performance?

or were the White Sabres not that good?

Who was there? reports?

Over the past several years, Bush has been slow to develop. No change in pattern. IMHO, had they started out of the gate quicker last year, by 2 weeks... a very good chance at 4th. It's what's been holding back the organization.

Looking at the recap, the Guard had a very good day and they're strong Visually as compared to Musically. Musically, it's a toss-up between White Sabres and Bush right now. Both shows were incomplete to some degree which affected Effect, so that's nebulous. I'll get a look at both at Hempfield. I hope both programs are complete after two more weeks of rehearsal. If not, it reinforces some of my thoughts about going to any shows before finals weekend.

There is dreadfully limited fan involvement on DCP.

Please report back on the program choices and performance levels for each corps. Also, a detailed analysis of the handrail situation, concessions and a few pointed slaps at DCA Admin.....

Okay, you have an agenda and you're rude. I get it. Demands for reviews? Rude. They take time. They take hours to do well. They take considerable expense on my part to travel get good tickets, and meals as well as fuel. You obviously really don't want to discuss anything at depth beyond a shrinking puddle in 100 degree weather on hot asphalt and are pretty much an obnoxious troll. 18 posts conform it. How about you beat it and crawl back to Reddit or somewhere else where you can grouse on your shallow level to the choir.

Edited by BigW

In addition, I spoon-fed you a thoughtful read of the recap as well as delineated solid discussion points to go on about the Bushwackers. I'd take an apology but I don't think you have a clue enough to give one.

Considering your comments about the conditions at STA Stadium, you must be one of the most thoughtless people walking the Earth. I offered to discuss that on the other thread as well, but all you can do is mock. Brains of a Chickpea.

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Beats White Sabres before penalties.....are they setting us up for another season long development capped off by a  spectacular finals performance?

or were the White Sabres not that good?

Who was there? reports?

I thought Bush was spectacular by Peckville.

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

There is dreadfully limited fan involvement on DCP.

Please report back on the program choices and performance levels for each corps. Also, a detailed analysis of the handrail situation, concessions and a few pointed slaps at DCA Admin.....

let's face it, DCP at times has been it's own worst enemy, and corps highly encourage members to stay off of it. In terms of fans...considering we are getting less than half of what attended finals 10 years ago, you're surprised?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 3:51 PM, Jeff Ream said:

I thought Bush was spectacular by Peckville.

Interesting- When I saw them at Reading, the pieces were there, but the spice was missing. They just didn't attack the show like they did over Championship weekend- serious shift in performance. The low seeding going into Championship weekend made it harder for them to dig out of the hole, but they in large did.

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Interesting- When I saw them at Reading, the pieces were there, but the spice was missing. They just didn't attack the show like they did over Championship weekend- serious shift in performance. The low seeding going into Championship weekend made it harder for them to dig out of the hole, but they in large did.

i said at Landisville could be good....at Peckville I said on it's way...at Reading i thought they were better than the number

On 6/28/2019 at 4:12 PM, Jeff Ream said:

let's face it, DCP at times has been it's own worst enemy, and corps highly encourage members to stay off of it. In terms of fans...considering we are getting less than half of what attended finals 10 years ago, you're surprised?

Yep. From a DCA perspective I know we were always told not to "feed the trolls on DCP" and to leave posting to the senior members of CV (at the time Corpsvets.) As time went on, I understood why, although I found a few good folks insightful and honest. Those are the folks I still post with today like BigW, Jeff, Terri, George, JimLow, Fran and a few others. I'm pretty sure with us all having made our way through the business world we could flame with the best of 'em but we don't. 

On a side note, I love the reviews of shows when they come. But I don't expect them. It's not as if people are getting paid to write them after all. 

• Like 1