Bush 2019

35 minutes ago, BigW said:

I don't know if you quite get it, Jeff. They  need to cancel early and not waste my time or anyone else's.. Those Saturdays were wasted for me as well as the corps in many aspects. Throw me a freakin' bone. If this is the way it is, I have better things to do and better ways to spend my money then rolling the dice on a contest. Sweltering in a car to see if the show will continue... not fun. Driving back from Nazareth, not fun. And there, they sent an E-Mail out saying the show was running. I checked before I left, no changes. 

As for Finals weekend, it's a different story. There's precedent with that. 

I'm not feelin' it anymore. I feel like I'm not fitting in. I feel that a fan who likes every corps and isn't a homer doesn't fit the current mold and zen at the regular season contests at all. I can go into it, but as I said, I think taking myself to dinner at a good place locally and sitting on my duff with the X-Box is time better spent by myself. I may be autocrossing a neat prepped Miata later this summer as well. The I and E is in a weather protected venue IIRC. I'd like to still play something. The rest, I'm feelin' it less and less, and that's a shame. The shows are great- great enough that I'd have settled for a indoor listen and enjoyed and appreciated it. But hey the corps were paid, a lot of money wasn't lost, and they got my money. It's all good, right? Maybe I just order the DVD and be done with it. 

The storm rolled in at 645. Watching it on the radar, it could have hit anytime from 4 to 10. So they cancel at 6, and it blows by? Then what?? When it hit it looked like it could be done by 8. It shifted. Come on man, weather doesn’t act in predictable ways.

it sucked getting no number but hopefully they got a good rehearsal in so the days not totally wasted.. but weather happens in ways you can’t control or predict and if it did happen finals weekend you’d probably complain then too. I won’t see live drum corps til 7/27 now. That sucks. But I can’t control the weather so I’m not act like it’s the fault of DCA or the Classic crew. God caused it. He don’t care if I’m bummed or not feelin it anymore 

• Like 1

One more thing: it could have totally been the schools call. They care about not being sued and their facility and don’t give a #### about drum corps getting scores.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so you did work Kingston once!

Technically, yes.  :tongue:  And we even won that show in '78!!!