Bush 2019

7 hours ago, BigW said:

You've been Pretty strong about the concerns. Obviously, some people have not been and been dismissive of them. Especially in as public a situation as one can get.

well, we were told to "chill out"...so i guess some people listen

47 minutes ago, BigW said:

"Chill out" =  a more modern version of "Keep it in the family, I don't like snitches".

or don't tick off the people giving us " all this" for next to nothing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

"Chill out" =  a more modern version of "Keep it in the family, I don't like snitches".

"Snitches get stitches"...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not saying their concerns weren't legit. seeing the video of the snake in C2's horns was hysterically sad. poisonous or not....wanna take that chance finals night? or paying for parking only to be told by people with no clue working the lot you have to go all the way down to the bottom of that field? exit the stadium at one end, enter at another and oh, you have to gout to buy stuff? i bet souvie sales had to suck

Was that at the housing facility? I didn’t see the video. 

I am aware of paying for premium parking and being told to park down the hill. Well, I can only say that it didn’t go over well with Jim and we drove right past to the top, where btw, there were plenty of parking spaces. 

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Was that at the housing facility? I didn’t see the video. 

I am aware of paying for premium parking and being told to park down the hill. Well, I can only say that it didn’t go over well with Jim and we drove right past to the top, where btw, there were plenty of parking spaces. 

it was on a staff members phone, and it was in the warmup area at the stadium. 

i asked at the stadium and again in various online communications about a refund for Saturday and heard nothing. Sunday I just made myself a spot and put my pass on the dashboard.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 11:23 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not saying their concerns weren't legit. seeing the video of the snake in C2's horns was hysterically sad. poisonous or not....wanna take that chance finals night?

There's no suburban or rural location in the lower 48 where one can be confident that a snake might not crawl out onto a grassy field, and there's no way to prevent that from happening.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There's no suburban or rural location in the lower 48 where one can be confident that a snake might not crawl out onto a grassy field, and there's no way to prevent that from happening.

Well.... I can't say we had snake issues over 6 seasons at Westshore. Maybe we were lucky, and we had some rather rough rehearsal sites over those 6 years, as well as a rehearsal and contest at the now-championship site.  Nor have I seen any with any HS band I worked with. Closest to that... we've had issues was at work in the one marshy corner of the parking lot where a pretty big Rattler was spotted.

Maybe we were just lucky at City Island. I have no clue if any had ever invaded Bucs Field. In the neighborhood I grew up in... maybe a King Snake, a Garter... and two turtles.

The big issue around Harrisburg right now are Bears and Coyotes. Spotted a Coyote near HACC recently around 330 AM.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, BigW said:

Well.... I can't say we had snake issues over 6 seasons at Westshore. Maybe we were lucky, and we had some rather rough rehearsal sites over those 6 years, as well as a rehearsal and contest at the now-championship site.  Nor have I seen any with any HS band I worked with. Closest to that... we've had issues was at work in the one marshy corner of the parking lot where a pretty big Rattler was spotted.

Sure. I'm just saying that there are snakes pretty much everywhere, and there's no way for a school to prevent them from appearing.

(Nor should they want to. Snakes eat pests.)

scan0001.jpg

• Like 1