Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

31 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Centerville gets weaker every year.  We are all happy to witness the Blue Devils and Bluecoats in their battle royale but the rest of the field won’t make Finals.

that doesn't mean that the others will not be entertaining....

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MCDCGuardMom said:

that doesn't mean that the others will not be entertaining....

posted from the DrumScorps app

and there's other shows out there and people taking days off. the days of every corps competing every day are over

2 minutes ago, PrfctTimeOfDay said:

Looks like storms are on their way...it'd be smart to cut out intermission to get the show in. 

Nearly impossible to do.  The second half corps are already rolling on their routine (can't yank them out of the showers, beam them to the show, skip lot warm-ups and have them run the show).

They can delay as long as post show traveling restrictions will allow, but they can't really bump up the times.

45 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I'll just say it.  I think that with the extremely tight numbers, the line-up and time slots last night gave BD an ever so subtle edge (in addition to their already existing good chance to prevail).

I don't usually suggest that time slots matter much, but being separated from the end of the night by 4 spots and from the closest competition by 2 was a disadvantage that had me fully expecting the outcome that we got.

Tonight they are both head to head and at the end.  It will be easier for judges to compare directly and I would expect a shift toward the numbers that we had been seeing previously.

I can go with you on all of what u said. But i will say we will see on Friday night in Allentown if that logic holds up regarding performance order. BD goes first before Bloo with SCV sandwiched in the middle, opposite of last night minus Crown going last. And Friday night in Murfreesboro, Bloo did perform after BD and the Devs got the win. But you may be right as you are certainly more educated in this matter than i am. Either way both BD and Bloo are gold medal worthy. May the best Blue win. 

• Like 4

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I can go with you on all of what u said. But i will say we will see on Friday night in Allentown if that logic holds up regarding performance order. BD goes first before Bloo with SCV sandwiched in the middle, opposite of last night minus Crown going last. And Friday night in Murfreesboro, Bloo did perform after BD and the Devs got the win. But you may be right as you are certainly more educated in this matter than i am. Either way both BD and Bloo are gold medal worthy. May the best Blue win. 

I think the later spot is coveted in this situation, more than usual.  It's not an indicator of outcome, but it is a perceived (and justifiable) influence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Nearly impossible to do.  The second half corps are already rolling on their routine (can't yank them out of the showers, beam them to the show, skip lot warm-ups and have them run the show).

They can delay as long as post show traveling restrictions will allow, but they can't really bump up the times.

Then bring an umbrella...

11 minutes ago, PrfctTimeOfDay said:

Then bring an umbrella...

Yup.

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Hey it's ok brother! Everyone knows i am a BD homer but i think it will be Bloo tonight as well. Just for the simple fact it's Bloo's turn to counter punch BD's body blow from last night. Ali/Frazier Thrilla in Manila!!

The Thrilla in Centah-villa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

weatherunderground now has the storms coming at 10:00 pm

• Like 1