DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

I’m not sure if they are Soundsport or competing like The Company or Jubal did, but Inbhear Mor is from Ireland, and when the surnames of your family tree include Brennan, Toolin,, Lehan, Casey, McCaffrey, Callahan, Kearney, Prendergast, and Donoghue pronounced Dunn-a-hue and McCarthy pronounced McCardy, you know they’ll have a fan in me!

Upon a quick youtube search it looks like they're a competing group.  

• Like 1

Just now, kkrepps said:

Colt Cadets match the field nicely.

"Team Red" will get that with this logo.

Somewhere. Someone, perhaps several. Are thinking "mom, did you have to yell that?"

• Haha 1

This is going to be an underrated year for open class! So many good corps!

If I was a betting man I'd place a bet on Guardians to upset some people this week. Since San Antonio they've improved 13 points and are now in the hunt for the 25th Semi Finalist spot. They have momentum while a lot of corps in their pack have stagnated. 

It's going to be down to the wire! 

Just now, leadsop04 said:

This is going to be an underrated year for open class! So many good corps!

If I was a betting man I'd place a bet on Guardians to upset some people this week. Since San Antonio they've improved 13 points and are now in the hunt for the 25th Semi Finalist spot. They have momentum while a lot of corps in their pack have stagnated. 

It's going to be down to the wire! 

Haven't seen them this year but they've always been entertaining and tended to make big moves.  The scores in Open have been a jumble this year it seems with fewer head to head shows with corps and a tight bundle of corps.  Should make for some good excitement today tomorrow and Quarters in Indy.

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Upon a quick youtube search it looks like they're a competing group.  

Technically, they’re considered a competing group but as an international corps, they don’t dislodge any other US corps from placement. If they follow the same rules as last year, that is. 

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I love the way those uniforms look.  

Its the plumes.   They make these kids look super tall.  

Go battery!  They're doing well out there.  

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Somewhere. Someone, perhaps several. Are thinking "mom, did you have to yell that?"

Colt Cadets have a good ratio of chaperones to marching members because there are a good number of marching members who are young, as young as 14. So a mom in the audience yelling something that will turn a kid’s face beet red is no surprise, and quite frankly endearing.