I say.....the greatest "Concert" is............

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITA on Legend. Two more things about it:

1. It was also a great concert in '74.

2. It was better as a concert than as an exit ('78).

Which was the first corps to go without a concert? I think I know the answer (not 100% sure). Any guesses?

Well, we (Cadets) didn't have one in 72.

The closest thing to a concert in that show was our "Amazing Grace" chart, but we moved to a new form in that tune as well, so it's not really a concert in the classic sense.

Mike

Hands down - MacArthur Park 75 Madison.

Second... what was the name of Bridgemens concert in '77?

I'll go with 27th Lancer's concert in 1972 (the Chicago medley), same one they apparently played in 1971.

It was so good that I move to Revere for a few months after that season to march in 27's snare line. Ultimatelyollowed my heart back to Cavies, however, and stayed with my "boys."

But, when a concert number makes you run away from home, temporarily abandon your corps, leave your girlfriend, and quit school . . .

Well, THAT'S a legendary concert!!!

Hands down - MacArthur Park 75 Madison.

Second... what was the name of Bridgemens concert in '77?

Was it Maynards Pagliacci?

I would almost vote for "Legend" since that was one of the first drum corps recordings I ever heard - however I've got to proclaim BD's "One More Time, Chuck Corea" (82 version) as the the mostest awesomest concert I've ever heard.

What's a concert?

hehhehheh B)

Edited by skajerk

I would almost vote for "Legend" since that was one of the first drum corps recordings I ever heard - however I've got to proclaim BD's "One More Time, Chuck Corea" (82 version) as the the mostest awesomest concert I've ever heard.

What about 81 and 83?

What about 81 and 83?

A cool tune in any year no doubt, but the up-tempo re-entry statement near the end in 82 just kicks total...uh...posterior!