Prelims AND finals moved to Saturday

ykw

Live across from Harrisburg about 2 hour drive south of Williamsport. Just had that nasty tailed weather that caused Finals to be moved. Just a few hours late....

you can't tell what was going to happen.  if they had kept the weekend on sat/sun, and weather hits, and the potential for something like what just happened at the PGA tour championship where 6 people were injured, it would be a death sentence for the circuit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

you can't tell what was going to happen.  if they had kept the weekend on sat/sun, and weather hits, and the potential for something like what just happened at the PGA tour championship where 6 people were injured, it would be a death sentence for the circuit. 

As the thunder vibrated the brick house (doesn’t happen often) at o dark 30 my first thought was “good call”.

My sister had the problem as cat was sleeping on the bed too when thunder kicked in. Claw marks might heal by next week. Mee-freaking-OW!!!

Edited by JimF-LowBari

i get that the change inconvenienced people, but it was the right call given the forecast

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 12:21 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i get that the change inconvenienced people, but it was the right call given the forecast

Yep. Now move it to Atlanta, come under the umbrella of DCI and you can play in the dome! Weather be da####!

14 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yep. Now move it to Atlanta, come under the umbrella of DCI and you can play in the dome! Weather be da####!

finals in late July? no thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

finals in late July? no thanks.

Certainly not perfect timing LOL. I would just like to have finals a little closer to home than 12 hours.

16 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Certainly not perfect timing LOL. I would just like to have finals a little closer to home than 12 hours.

hey i'd travel if it left the NE and the family circumstances were right. I did the NC show in 05 to check it out if it was going to be a championships venue

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hey i'd travel if it left the NE and the family circumstances were right. I did the NC show in 05 to check it out if it was going to be a championships venue

It was definitely an interesting show to march in. I think with some tweaking, it would be a great finals venue.

As long as there are railings.... I’d consider NC or GA and combine it with a short vacation. Well NC I’d have to figure out how to avoid the in laws (kidding) but if in Raleigh area have my hotel area set...

Edited by JimF-LowBari