What is the average age on the field now?

While having a discussion on the Drum Corps Af facebook page, it came up about what is the average on the field now, as some there still label it senior corps. 

Does anyone know?

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

While having a discussion on the Drum Corps Af facebook page, it came up about what is the average on the field now, as some there still label it senior corps. 

I believe my corps ranged from 15 to about 56. A bunch of 15 to 18s, some early 20s, alot of late 20s, a couple 40-ish, about three in their 50s.

Picturing about a half dozen other NE corps, most of them appeared to be mostly teens, with a handful of 20s, 30s, and 40s. I know of one 62-ish baritone in one.

So I guess it varies from corps to corps, sometimes by section within a corps, too. For example, Corps A's guard might average, say, 20, their drumline 18, and their hornline 28.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

. I know of one 62-ish baritone in one.

I have a new hero....😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have a new hero....😁

Nah, my hero's the 57-ish Cabs TUBA!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Does anyone know?

the group i worked with was about 90% 15-20.  10% 21-65.   All - Age... certainly.  Senior... certainly not.  

Knowing students I had in the other groups were all 16-20 leads me to believe that this is the majority of the membership age bracket. (as they joined with their friend groups)  With small smatterings of everything else. 

9 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Lol well this (not ish) 62er Bari found out yesterday he has a perforated eardrum so no horn even for fun until checked out.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol well this (not ish) 62er Bari found out yesterday he has a perforated eardrum so no horn even for fun until checked out.

is that a blessing or not? LOL

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

He was amazing, I agree!