If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

How about one final word on hydrox....

One side is saying it will do marvelous things before the proof is in. One side is saying we need testing before we can say it will do marvelous things. 

Other that that I see people talking over each other and not hearing what is being said...

Back to DCI?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If, heaven forbid, you were in the ICU with the Covid and on your death bed, and you knew hydroxychloroquine were available at your hospital, would you ask for it?  Or would you say, nah, there’s no double blind test conclusively proving it works so no thanks. I think if we’re honest with ourselves we know how we’d answer that question. And that was the only point. It has been twisted and weaponized solely because of who the messenger was. That’s a sad commentary. 

You asked me to show a study, I did. Now you are moving the goalposts, as people who argue without evidence always do. You are not arguing in good faith, I am done responding to you. 

(btw, who’s the one getting political now? Mods?)

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One side is saying it will do marvelous things before the proof is in. One side is saying we need testing before we can say it will do marvelous things. 

Other that that I see people talking over each other and not hearing what is being said...

Back to DCI?

Precisely.

37 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The way something is worded makes a huge difference. The people promoting the drug are not being careful with their words, saying things like "Hopefully they will both be put in use immediately" without qualifying their statements.

"Hopefully" is already a qualifier.

As far as I know, people are qualifying their statements (provided you hear them firsthand, instead of just one phrase taken out of context).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

"Hopefully" is already a qualifier.

As far as I know, people are qualifying their statements (provided you hear them firsthand, instead of just one phrase taken out of context).

It’s from a written statement, not out of context.

agree to disagree on it being an appropriate qualifier.

Edited by Cappybara

26 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Back to DCI?

Like I said back on page 5 of this thread, if we are still looking at localized lockdowns and quarantines because of the absence of widely deployed vaccine or medicinal treatment, the 2021 tour will need to be materially different.

Whether the discussion veers toward the first half or second half of that sentence, it still seems relevant to me.  But I would like to hear more than two people say something about the second half of that sentence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It’s from a written statement, not out of context.

Search finds a written statement that starts out:

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be... "

Note the qualifying words.

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Like I said back on page 5 of this thread, if we are still looking at localized lockdowns and quarantines because of the absence of widely deployed vaccine or medicinal treatment, the 2021 tour will need to be materially different.

Whether the discussion veers toward the first half or second half of that sentence, it still seems relevant to me.  But I would like to hear more than two people say something about the second half of that sentence.

As long as a post includes projections/predictions/estimates/best guesses/SWAGs (did I get all the buzz words?) regarding DCI and/or touring I’m cool....

SWAG - simple wild ###ed guess

I'm beginning to think DCI 2021 is toast as well. 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As long as a post includes projections/predictions/estimates/best guesses/SWAGs (did I get all the buzz words?) regarding DCI and/or touring I’m cool....

SWAG - simple wild ###ed guess

I'm beginning to think DCI 2021 isn't looking so sure anymore either. 

• Sad 2