If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Because these drugs are not some herbal cocktail that your local guru recommends to boost your virility. They are heavily regulated for a reason

And the FDA allowed their use for Covid. I do not understand your point. 

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Remarkably enough that's exactly what hospitals worldwide are doing!  Many drugs (including C18H26ClN3O) are being tried based on little to no substantive evidence they're effective on C-19.    When you have a pandemic, rules are loosened and the medical community bypasses all the normal processes for drug testing.  

Well, he’s put his stake in the ground. Nothing is going to make him change his position at this point. 

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

And the FDA allowed their use for Covid. I do not understand your point. 

Testing or general use? 

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Testing or general use? 

I don’t know the correct term. Emergency use. Allowing doctors to prescribe it / use it. It’s up to the doctor and patient as to whether to use it. They are also trying blood plasma. And Remdesivir. And why wouldn’t you?

Edited by HockeyDad

35 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I don’t know the correct term. Emergency use. Allowing doctors to prescribe it / use it. It’s up to the doctor and patient as to whether to use it. They are also trying blood plasma. And Remdesivir. And why wouldn’t you?

Ok just making sure I understand. 

Why do you ask “and why wouldn’t you”? I’ve said more than a few times here that I am not against testing with different meds.... 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok just making sure I understand. 

Why do you ask “and why wouldn’t you”? I’ve said more than a few times here that I am not against testing with different meds.... 🙄

It was a hypothetical “and why wouldn’t you”.  Not directed at you. I do, however, get the feeling there are those opposed to using such things. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

It was a hypothetical “and why wouldn’t you”.  Not directed at you. I do, however, get the feeling there are those opposed to using such things. 

Ok, understood again. Having lost someone during flu of late 2017/early 2018 I would say pull out all the stops with testing. As for people opposed, testing is how we get medication approved. So no testing, no progress....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok, understood again. Having lost someone during flu of late 2017/early 2018 I would say pull out all the stops with testing. As for people opposed, testing is how we get medication approved. So no testing, no progress....

There’s also ongoing research using computer modeling to see if exiting drugs could interfere with SARS-CoV-2 binding sites and be used to treat infectious. I Think UT Southwestern is involved with one of these studies. Interestingly, Rosuvastatin was one that showed promise. (Which I happen to be taking. Yay for dyslipidemia!)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Per Merriam-Webster, qualify means "to limit or modify the meaning of".  That is what the phrase "have a real chance to be" does.

No, "have a real chance to be" does NOT "limit" nor "modify" the meaning of any of the statements following, therefore is not a qualifier.  But since you seem to want to have the last word about semantics, you win! 

The DCI season in 2021 will be different, probably for the better, in spite of our discussion about the final outcome of the Covid-19 outbreak.

• Thanks 1

Has DCI ever held a show in this stadium?

EV6ypNlXQAAzMqV?format=jpg&name=small

Its seating capacity is about 39,000, which is approximately the number of Americans who have died of COVID19 since the first death 50 days ago.

• Sad 1