Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )

Will there be a DCI 2021 season? (Read before voting... )  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Assume both fall (marching band) and spring (WGI) marching arts are cancelled - but by January, we have three vaccines for covid-19 approved for general use, and widely deployed in ample supply. Could there still be a DCI season in 2021 under those circumstances?

• Yes - maybe fewer shows, maybe more localized, but there could still be DCI contests in 2021.
    • No - if WGI takes 2021 off, there is zero chance of a DCI season. Fall 2021 marching band would be the first possible return of marching contests.

16 hours ago, skevinp said:

effects

sorry. it was a rough day so forgive my spelling as he's now on pureed food only

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Learned a nasty medical term few years back: acute respiratory distress (ARD). Doc who specializes in it said he had young people admitted to the hospital with it in the morning and passed away in the evening. ARD encompasses anything that takes away the bodies ability to breathe or process oxygen.  When my wife caught the flu and passed her death certificate had pneumonia and ARD. Only difference between her and today is she started with flu and not covid. 

I've heard of ARD actually quite recently.  In the case of my friend's father, he said the next day his organs started shutting down rapidly.

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

I can’t imagine why anyone would be discussing whether there will be a DCI 2021 season in this thread entitled “Will there be a DCI 2021 season?”

Pages and pages of personal info but the DCI 2021 season is not part of the postings. Read this today. https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/10/is-the-slow-approach-to-reopening-schools-failing-kids/

If we can get schools functioning it will be a step in the right direction for any upcoming season. 

• Haha 1