Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

20 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

For those that aren’t aware, there have been a wide range of issues the Troopers have faced the past few years, which have increasingly become more severe.  

Why was law enforcement not contacted as soon as a member came forward as being sexually assaulted?  All Drum corps staff are mandatory reporters.   

I’m not sure how they will be able to recruit members until this is addressed. Many music teachers were reluctant to recommend them - and now, many are adamant that they will advise their students to avoid the Troopers.  

I had no idea.  Just reading the comments on their FB page, there's clearly not much respect for the (fairly) new corps director.  Not making an excuse for their leadership or lack thereof, but it's hard to follow a legend when it comes to directors, coaches, pastors, etc.  Wow... 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But nope, we get a vaguely worded Hoppy-esque response with the message 'contact out lawyer' at the end (hope they have money in the budget for billable hours)

Perception is reality. 

Just reading the corps director's responses on her social media.  Her responses are also 'Hop-esque' in style.  I really don't see how she survives this debacle.  Just waiting for the Max Lucado quotes...  

:whistle: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 1

Not sure how "we did everything right and here are some vague threats we're making to anybody who says otherwise" is good.  

Acknowledge the problem and explain how your org is addressing it in clear terms. Best chance for survival, imo.  

18 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Am I reading this right that Troopers are responding to allegations made by people on a SM group. Did I miss where the alleged victims came to Troopers management? Just worded in a manner that I can’t get things to connect. And since the SM group isn’t named could the corps be referring to MAASIN? 

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Not sure how "we did everything right and here are some vague threats we're making to anybody who says otherwise" is good.  

Acknowledge the problem and explain how your org is addressing it in clear terms. Best chance for survival, imo.  

The stuff MAASIN put out is not vague - lots of specifics. Including statements by horn & guard sergeants who used their names. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Speling

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Just reading the corps director's responses on her social media.  Her responses are also 'Hop-esque' in style.  I really don't see how she survives this debacle.  Just waiting for the Max Lucado quotes...  

:whistle: 

Can’t see the closed Troopers groups but seems her personal FB site is chocked full of inspirational messages. Mainly don’t let other people get you down.... yep GH like in being the victim of others possibly

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can’t see the closed Troopers groups but seems her personal FB site is chocked full of inspirational messages. Mainly don’t let other people get you down.... yep GH like in being the victim of others possibly

The comments from alumni are under the statement posted on their official public FB page.  (Not in a closed Trooper group.)  Reading her FB response comments gave me deja vu all over again... 😳 "Been down that road before..."

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Am I reading this right that Troopers are responding to allegations made by people on a SM group. Did I miss where the alleged victims came to Troopers management? Just worded in a manner that I can’t get things to connect. And since the SM group isn’t named could the corps be referring to MAASIN? 

MAASIN looks like an organization that was formed last year to combat 'malfeasance' in the Marching Arts.  They have a web page but also use most SM platforms. (FB, Instagram, & Twitter)  One would have to assume the Troopers are referring to them due to the timing & a couple of key statements.  Not naming them could also be a legal strategy.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The comments from alumni are under the statement posted on their official public FB page.  (Not in a closed Trooper group.)  Reading her FB response comments gave me deja vu all over again... 😳 "Been down that road before..."

Thanks I was searching under groups. Been out of FB for a while so relearning 

edit; after reading about 50 responses just freaking wow....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

MAASIN looks like an organization that was formed last year to combat 'malfeasance' in the Marching Arts.  They have a web page but also use most SM platforms. (FB, Instagram, & Twitter)  One would have to assume the Troopers are referring to them due to the timing & a couple of key statements.  Not naming them could also be a legal strategy.  

Could be legal strategy but just adds to the murk in the statement 

• Like 1