Fri Aug 13 - DCI Rejoice

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And special love to BAC percussion.  They are really good but are overlooked.

I can't comment on percussion because I am definitely IGNORANT to it...BUT it's never a bad thing to be underrated IMO...that's when they can sneak up and surprise folks...haha

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

Just now, Ediker said:

The screens enhanced instead of distracted tonight

I think we're getting used to know when to filter them out and when to watch them.   I'm half curious what a full season of viewings would do to train us to see the cohesion.  Cause at first, the seemed incohesive and poorly integrated.  Now they seem less so to me. 

I mean, they could be used better still i think, but they bother me much less.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Besides the one in 2013 that I was asked to hand out pins, and 2007, this is the only ageout ceremonies I’ve ever watched.  The  one in 2007 was when the boy aged out and I wasn’t sad.  I was glad because he’d marched nine seasons. Get a job. 😂 

I don't think they had age out ceremony when I marched...or at least I missed it...perhaps doing other things young people do...I will leave it at that...LOL

Edited by Liahona

9 minutes ago, Lance said:

This corps will be top 3 very very very soon. 

I think what's gonna push them over into the medals is being able to sell their show so well. So much chatter about getting the design elements just right for a winning show, but at some point it is about the marchers on the field making the show work and giving it that extra sparkle.  The instructional staff is getting that going at Boston reaaaally well.  

And once they get a medal, look out cause they'll be poised to be the next new champions.

Trying something new tonight...just listening to the audio for Cavies...wow...this is some really nice writing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Trying something new tonight...just listening to the audio for Cavies...wow...this is some really nice writing...

Not even to the ballad and Sing sing sing yet.  Which are some of the better bits of the writing. 

Visually this wasn't programmed for competition but for fun.   Musically, this show has all sorts of legs.  They're not letting up on the brass development they showed us in 2019

• Like 1

Screamer there putting his knees into it!  

[made my knees hurt in sympathy]

The swagger in this is so great.  From the guard layign on their side for rifle spins to the swing going on.  

My toes are tapping and head bobbing.