Phantom Regiment 2022

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I got loud when I saw the tubas flying.  Wait until they clean that. 

Ahhh the satisfying "crunch" of Contra vs. any other instrument. I'm sure they will Terri. I've just never been a fan of a spread into a straight line that just is never straight for long enough for my brain to go "brrrrrrrrrr....it's a straight line."

It's similar to when batteries do forward (or forward lateral) moves and go straight into a backwards one of exactly the opposite direction. If it never sets, it just looks and feels clunky to me. I hated them when I marched and maybe it's just carrying over into my current viewing. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

1st of all, sorry for piggybacking off your Vid PRmoter but it's the perfect one for this question. 

All of you cats who write drill etc., this one is for you. 

At 29 seconds, when the contras fold into the straight line and then fan back out to the front along the sideline, the form never seems to set. I've marched sets like this and I have seen them for God knows how long and still don't understand them. If the form never gets a chance to set, it just looks...sloppy to me. Am I being an old fart or just too hyper sensitive to drill or what? 

P.S. This isn't a PR thing. You cats KNOW how much I dig PR. PR just happens to be the vehicle for me to ask this important (not important at all really) question. 

That exact set has been bothering since I saw premier on Tuesday! There’s some great drill in there but the movement is so jarring lu slow and it just never hits. I think *eventually* that will look better. I just watched it back and it seems like it’s an issue with upper body and instrument positioning. That can certainly be fixed, but I think that whole section of the closer and some other parts are probably going to be rewritten, as they usually are, towards the end of July.

• Like 1

The white tables have to go… they’re a total distraction.

The horn book definitely needs more cleaning than I thought it might.

PUT YOUR HELMETS ON!  They aren’t the real PR without them.  

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

The white tables have to go… they’re a total distraction.

The horn book definitely needs more cleaning than I thought it might.

PUT YOUR HELMETS ON!  They aren’t the real PR without them.  

Old fart alert! 🚨 

• Haha 1

I'm not seeing a show thread for this, so I'll post here.  Get well PR!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'm not seeing a show thread for this, so I'll post here.  Get well PR!!!

I'm not sure how a standstill is an abundance of caution since this doesn't really change any levels of exposure to anyone. They should just say they don't have enough healthy members to perform the show effectively on the move.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I'm not sure how a standstill is an abundance of caution since this doesn't really change any levels of exposure to anyone. They should just say they don't have enough healthy members to perform the show effectively on the move.

I think that is basically what they are saying. It’s an abundance of caution for the health of corp members.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ThatGuy2900 said:

Old fart alert! 🚨 

Now that’s funny 😆