Phantom Regiment 2022

10 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

OK, am I the only one that doesn't know the meaning of "SUTA"?  Is it only a secret saying for PR "members only"?  Is it like a secret handshake?  I can share my knowledge of secret handshakes in exchange.  Would I be placed on "Double Secret Probation" if I were to know the meaning?  

A gentleman in the middle section at the Muncie show stood up & asked everyone to yell "SUTA" as PR entered the field.  I heard a couple of crickets & maybe 2 or 3 folks that yelled the "battle cry".  I felt like I might be struck by lightning if I yelled "SUTA' without knowing the meaning.  I know the meaning of "Vanguard" used in the appropriate timing of their SCV's show.     

You want some secrets?  I've got some secrets...  :whistle::babies:   :spitting:

It IS a secret to members and alum but in recent years it's kind of taken on it's own meaning for "Phans" who didn't march here. The older generation might not like me saying this but it has become something anyone can yell, say, or buy a shirt with it on it (available now on the merch trailer😉). It's special to those who know and it's a rally cry and a sense of belonging for those who have a meaning of their own. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I agree SUTA is just for the members.   However I do not think someone should ask people to shout out something that they do no understand

41 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I agree SUTA is just for the members.   However I do not think someone should ask people to shout out something that they do no understand

I understand perfectly….but at least show your enthusiasm. Yell, clap, whistle whatever… It inspires the performers to do even better.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I understand perfectly….but at least show your enthusiasm. Yell, clap, whistle whatever… It inspires the performers to do even better.

Indeed! I'm an "in the moment" kinda cat. I'll applaud for a big push, a solo, etc. But I also try not to be one of those guys who:

1. Talks through the entire performance about technical aspects or compares corps DURING a performance

2. Compares ANY DCI corps to ANY High School (GOD I hate people sometimes)

3. Yells random things like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" or "&%^$%$ THAT ROLL WAS CRISPY!"

P.S. I'm grumpy this morning

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Anyone have thoughts on the scoring from Dekalb? I was there, wasn’t our best run but Mascaro killed us. 

Without hearing the tape, I can't really tell why he scored VP so low. I wasn't there but from the video, I don't very much that is just glaringly bad. 

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Without hearing the tape, I can't really tell why he scored VP so low. I wasn't there but from the video, I don't very much that is just glaringly bad. 

Agreed. I thought the visual program was actually the best part of last night’s run and the music was what was a bit lacking. 5th seems totally wrong based on watching and seeing the other corps. 

I was also very ???? about how they got 5th in percussion achievement. Again, not their best music run, but that again seems like an over correction. Maybe the issue was having to go after Bloo?