Snead Hired As Phantom Regiment Inc.’s First CEO

As Phantom Regiment Inc. looks to the future and its continued growth in the world of performing arts education, it’s excited to name Dr. Todd Snead as its first CEO to oversee all aspects of the organization. Dr. Snead has extensive drum corps leadership experience as well as several years leading the educational programs for […]

View the full article

• 1 month later...

When did drum corps ad a layer of management above corps director? Seems unnecessary for an activity that is struggling financially. As a lifelong corporate management guy, it seems to me that these drum corps organizations should be flattened and rationalized, not bloated.  I cant believe how many instructors drum corps employ these days. 

11 hours ago, TenHut said:

When did drum corps ad a layer of management above corps director? Seems unnecessary for an activity that is struggling financially. As a lifelong corporate management guy, it seems to me that these drum corps organizations should be flattened and rationalized, not bloated.  I cant believe how many instructors drum corps employ these days. 

Many corps have programs outside of just fielding a drum corps. Regiment has Drum Major camps, multiple clinics, Rockford Rhythm to name a few. A Corps Director would be hard pressed to manage all these activities. Enter Dr. Sneed. Given his background and accomplishments, I think he’ll be a great fit.

• Like 4

I can see the need for a corps CEO with today's corps. Just kinda speaking out of my you know what, I've always thought of Corps Directors to be a much more Operations type manager. even BITD - basically in charge of the staff. To have another level of accountability above that, especially with a multi million dollar budget to manage, I think is a wise thing to do. Ops people know Ops. How to write, educate. design and tour. CEOs bring the business acumen and experience in maintaining a healthy bottom line. Some are obviously better at it than others, but I still think it makes perfect sense.