Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Made it to the practice performance at Kennesaw Mtn. The stadium is literally packed as if it's a show day. 

How did the corps do?

I saw A small Clip on Instagram where the Fabric Is now being Pulled From the Front and Back with Choreography from the secondary Rifles, instead of them running with the fabric out to the set with the horns! 

• Thanks 1

So I saw Crown in Muncie and Bluecoats tonight in Mason.  Nothing against the Coats show (I actually enjoyed it), but once Crown gets cleaned up (execution), I don't think it can compete with Crown's this year.  While I am admittedly newer to DCI, my observations are that:

- Crown Guard seems more active and challenged to me (not by a lot, but still).

-Coats Brass book doesn't come close to Crown and thats without factoring environmental challenges (ie moving while marching)

-Crown's Brass will be #1 in performance. 

-Percussion seemed about even to me (maybe a tiny edge to Crown because of the pit work). 

-In most areas of the show, I feel like Crown's show has more room for growth where things feel limited for the Coats.

-(Edit) Forgot to mention that the energy in the crowd and on the field goes to Crown hands down (although I'm not real sure its a scoring criteria)

Ultimately, I think it will come down to GE and analysis judges.  Do they reward Crown for being innovative and challenging, or do they stick with status quo (ie BD or Coats).  If they reward Crown, it isn't even close.  If they don't, its a coin flip.  

Edited by ShortyRock
Forgit a point I wanted to add.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, B-Flat said:

How did the corps do?

The corps did extremely well. The crowd loved it too. The kids are definitely focused. That hornline is powerful. The battery/ front ensemble are sounding great as well, if they continue to clean I believe they could medal. I love their book this year. CrownGuard has stepped it up and their back. They are spinning with confidence and the crowd was eating it up. 

Now I did notice minor changes to the show,  such as the fabric the guard uses for part 2 is pull out instead of carried.

I do believe that they are adding things here and there to enhance the show slowly and gradually, and not all at once. The show has alot of room for growth. But I hope they just continue to work on cleaning which I could tell they did the past couple of days. 

Edited by rchitectburd23BD01
narrative
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Lurker86 said:

I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about how cool the app is. Reminds me of Coldplay concerts when they handed out led bracelets that were times to make effects to the music. 

Because some on here spent days bashing it, so it's a touchy subject around these parts. Lol.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lurker86 said:

I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about how cool the app is. Reminds me of Coldplay concerts when they handed out led bracelets that were times to make effects to the music. 

Yeah. I decided not to use it with my first live reading of the show eventhough I have the app downloaded.  I'll probably give it a try when they are back next week. 

Edited by rchitectburd23BD01
  • Like 2