Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, Box5Opinion said:

Percussion is one of Blue Devils strengths, but they lost twice to SCV this year. Are they the monolith of past years, NO!!! The key to Crown if they want to succeed will be in GE, executing a strong visual program and having that color guard and percussion push themselves until August 13th - they have 36 days to max out this show! 

Both NorCal corps are monoliths in percussion though. Consistently have been the top two for quite a few years now, the last I recall them not being 1 and 2 was 2015 with BD having their last Sanford win and SCV dropping down to 4th? 5th? I forget exactly. Bloo are always in the mix consistently great in the caption right below the two NorCal corps since around the same time. Crown, Boston, and Cavies are gonna be battling all season once all these corps start meeting up, with sneaky but great lines from Cadets and Phantom also putting their hats in the ring. It bodes well for Crown though if they can close the spread between them and BD in percussion, it’ll bolster their margin of victory in the music caption that I would predict they get this year most likely imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Very intrigued to see how this week of cleaning works out for Crown.  Can't wait to see how CrownBEAT goes, especially since they will be competing against Boston for the first time this season. 

From the txbands forum, a legend arrives👀

1 hour ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

From the txbands forum, a legend arrives👀

Haha thank you for recognizing me. I have been here on this forum for a while as well, and just as with the others I stepped away for the most part for some time for some personal reasons, however I plan to come back strong and stick to it for as long as I can. There will be times when my adult life keeps me away as with any other here. 

Though I will say here I sometimes feel like an ant. I know nil to nothing about music and the marching arts compared to many here. A lot of legends spend their time here, and a lot of great people too! 

P.S. Crown has the best fanbase hands down, like the Nebraska fans of DCI, though Crown hasn't been around 150 years haha. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Both NorCal corps are monoliths in percussion though. Consistently have been the top two for quite a few years now, the last I recall them not being 1 and 2 was 2015 with BD having their last Sanford win and SCV dropping down to 4th? 5th? I forget exactly. Bloo are always in the mix consistently great in the caption right below the two NorCal corps since around the same time. Crown, Boston, and Cavies are gonna be battling all season once all these corps start meeting up, with sneaky but great lines from Cadets and Phantom also putting their hats in the ring. It bodes well for Crown though if they can close the spread between them and BD in percussion, it’ll bolster their margin of victory in the music caption that I would predict they get this year most likely imo.

Was 2015 the year the SCV keyboard soloist locked up and froze when it came time for his solo?   It resulted in that horrible silent period, I felt really bad for the kid.  It probably hurt their percussion score.  The corps went on and recovered beautifully.   That was the show about Tesla I think, one of my favorites.  

1 hour ago, Sensioto said:

Factoid: At CrownBEAT 2019, the Boston Crusaders (80.8) topped Carolina Crown (80.65) by 0.15 points, beating them for the first time since 2006. I have a feeling tomorrow night will be very close once again, but I think Crown prevails by a narrow margin. Then Crown finished the season 2.075 points ahead of BAC at Finals. What will the rest of this season hold? Can't wait to see!

The only scores that really matter are given on August 13th. And no matter who ends up with a higher score, it's exciting to finally be in the mix.

21 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

The only scores that really matter are given on August 13th. And no matter who ends up with a higher score, it's exciting to finally be in the mix.

Hmm .. in the mix is an interesting phrase. I guess everybody is in the mix at some level. This feels like a weird season with so many smaller shows and less H2H competitions. My observations from the land of know nothingness; SCV and Crown have barely been on competitive turf so they are relatively speaking wildcards right now .. BD seem to be slightly underperforming .. BC & SCV seem to be underperforming … BAC could be over performing (but one great night with three WC corps is a ?) Crown .. just haven’t seen enough of them to really know.  
That is my over/under from just watching and how I perceive the shows  vs past seasons .. which means my opinion only not score based at all .. just watching.

Final note: BDs have won many gold medals with shows the crowd did not get behind  .. they’re pros and are consistently even across all captions and they can rack up the points  ..  I’d never bet against them down the stretch    .. 🤡

Go Crown 👑!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BWise said:

Hmm .. in the mix is an interesting phrase. I guess everybody is in the mix at some level. This feels like a weird season with so many smaller shows and less H2H competitions. My observations from the land of know nothingness; SCV and Crown have barely been on competitive turf so they are relatively speaking wildcards right now .. BD seem to be slightly underperforming .. BC & SCV seem to be underperforming … BAC could be over performing (but one great night with three WC corps is a ?) Crown .. just haven’t seen enough of them to really know.  
That is my over/under from just watching and how I perceive the shows  vs past seasons .. which means my opinion only not score based at all .. just watching.

Final note: BDs have won many gold medals with shows the crowd did not get behind  .. they’re pros and are consistently even across all captions and they can rack up the points  ..  I’d never bet against them down the stretch    .. 🤡

Go Crown 👑!

To be clear, by no means was I predicting a BAC victory. It just exciting to be talked about in the tier of corps that contend for a medal. No slight intended to the other groups in that tier.