Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

59 minutes ago, BWise said:

Fascinating to me how quiet camp BD went this week and now the BAC scare is over and the victory laps and let’s tell everyone why they cant win is back. Absolutely amazing. 

I personally was quiet this week because BD wasn’t competing. I have other interests!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DWW11 said:It’s those kind of remarks that draw in the non-Crownies to your threads. 

22 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

It’s those kind of remarks that draw in the non-Crownies to your threads. 

So let’s rewind the tape here. This whole inane conversation is rooted in an unsolicited post from a self proclaimed BD fan stating Crown has a BOA show. So I guess you are saying you come here to see a Crown fan’s response to trolling from a BD fan. And that is why you come here. Just a bizarre obsession. 
The rest of what you said .. yeah fine whatever. BD has new horns .. times will change. Etc etc. but I still can’t get to why you all come  here. To illicit reactions.  To feel better .. to idk feel superior. I don’t get it. But just me. 

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t design productions more suited for a BOA Championship then a DCI Championship, because you won’t win let alone medal. But with the exception of 2012 For the Common Good, the Crownies usually gravitate towards cheesy productions. 2022 is no exception! 

You think 2009 and 2015 were cheesy? 2009 is probably my favorite Crown show. 2013 was majestic and brilliant, but I agree the whole "John" (was that his name?) thing was cheesy, gross and made me want to puke. But, I forgave John and was so glad they won that year. Honestly the first minute and 40 seconds of that show (after the pre-show warmup) would make me forgive anything that was to follow. Aside from John, I thought the show was amazing. I also could have liked 2016, but it just made me miss Star as I felt they did Respighi much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I’m glad you’re easily amused! Good luck to the Crownies tonight and in Indy. 

Hahaha. What he doesn't get from his post about the BAC scare being over was that the Atlanta scores were an anomaly and that means a BAC scare was never really present, more of a tiny blip, and it also likely means Bluecoats are ahead of Crown and Crown is destined for 4th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BWise said:

So let’s rewind the tape here. This whole inane conversation is rooted in an unsolicited post from a self proclaimed BD fan stating Crown has a BOA show. So I guess you are saying you come here to see a Crown fan’s response to trolling from a BD fan. And that is why you come here. Just a bizarre obsession. 
The rest of what you said .. yeah fine whatever. BD has new horns .. times will change. Etc etc. but I still can’t get to why you all come  here. To illicit reactions.  To feel better .. to idk feel superior. I don’t get it. But just me. 

I explained this all before.but for those in the back:  I started checking out this thread right after it opened. I wanted to watch the inevitable progression from “we will go undefeated”, to “we will medal”, to complaining that the fix is in.  I don’t really see that with regularity on any other thread.  I wasn’t disappointed!

And i DO read the other threads, so it isn’t a “Crown” thing. As an outsider, it is compelling. More compelling than other threads who just talk about what they can do to improve, Accepting that there are areas that need work.

i have the right to voice my opinions, good and bad.  And i AM a regular Crown donor, so it’s not like i want them to do badly. 

i have made good comments about Crown, especially in past years. Almost exclusively about the brass, because I haven’t really liked the show designs in years. But if i say that, or give a reason, i am a basher!

this is a message board, not a safe space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I was one of the people who said BAC would be top three, maybe top two before the season started when I got a secret video of their show early June, and I went on record saying it in this forum and got laughed at by some. 

I didn't laugh at you publicly, but I was laughing at you. Who is laughing now? Haha. So happy for BAC. What a banner year for them. I didn't believe the hype when I first saw a video of them, but they sure have proven me wrong. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I explained this all before.but for those in the back:  I started checking out this thread right after it opened. I wanted to watch the inevitable progression from “we will go undefeated”, to “we will medal”, to complaining that the fix is in.  I don’t really see that with regularity on any other thread.  I wasn’t disappointed!

And i DO read the other threads, so it isn’t a “Crown” thing. As an outsider, it is compelling. More compelling than other threads who just talk about what they can do to improve, Accepting that there are areas that need work.

i have the right to voice my opinions, good and bad.  And i AM a regular Crown donor, so it’s not like i want them to do badly. 

i have made good comments about Crown, especially in past years. Almost exclusively about the brass, because I haven’t really liked the show designs in years. But if i say that, or give a reason, i am a basher!

this is a message board, not a safe space.

You don't have to explain yourself or why you go to certain threads. I'm not a Boston fan but have been all over their thread expressing my happiness at their success. This is a broad activity with many corps. I don't hate any specific corps but I only love a few corps. If I feel I want to say something, I'll go to their threads and say it. 

It's funny how for these Crownies BD fans can do no right. They're either coming on the Crown thread to gloat or hiding in fear because BAC scored really close to them in Atlanta. Neither is true. It wouldn't have mattered if Boston beat BD at Atlanta, BD would still very much be in the running for the title. Crown isn't. That's the issue here. No matter how many times those of us have said they have serious design issues (it's been years now) they just don't get it, and that leads to them being disappointed year after year.

BD fans don't need to gloat and don't need to cower. I wish the corps I loved were half as successful as BD. It must be fun to be a BD fan and having your corps win all the time.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

...Anyways, anyone know if Crown has any big additions or changes for tonight? It's been a bit since we last saw them so I wonder if they have anything up their sleeve for this final stretch. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

You don't have to explain yourself or why you go to certain threads. I'm not a Boston fan but have been all over their thread expressing my happiness at their success. This is a broad activity with many corps. I don't hate any specific corps but I only love a few corps. If I feel I want to say something, I'll go to their threads and say it. 

It's funny how for these Crownies BD fans can do no right. They're either coming on the Crown thread to gloat or hiding in fear because BAC scored really close to them in Atlanta. Neither is true. It wouldn't have mattered if Boston beat BD at Atlanta, BD would still very much be in the running for the title. Crown isn't. That's the issue here. No matter how many times those of us have said they have serious design issues (it's been years now) they just don't get it, and that leads to them being disappointed year after year.

BD fans don't need to gloat and don't need to cower. I wish the corps I loved were half as successful as BD. It must be fun to be a BD fan and having your corps win all the time.

I know I don’t have to explain myself, and I appreciate you get that, but Bwise keeps asking why and i am trying to explain it. Either i am doing a bad job of it or he really doesn’t want to understand.  

• Like 2