Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

4 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

First of all there are plenty of Crown fans in this forum. Second, I don't think a lot of people expected Crown to beat Blue Coats last night. The biggest difference this year to me is the guard and how much improved they are from 2019 and that is reflected in the GE scores, hiring Tyler was key and he has made an immediate impact as the guard is back to the level of 2015 & 2016, IMO. The brass is off the charts good, it might be the best Crown brass ever but lets debate that at the end of the year and the Ott trophy is staying with Crown. I hope the percussion can hold its own and the visual show has enough meat in it to bring home the gold but the Devils and Blue Coats will be right there with Crown, can't wait to see everyone in Indy..

I uhhhh, do not think this hornline will become Crown’s best ever, they won’t be chopped liver of course, but the competition is…incredibly stiff…to say the least…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BWise said:

Am I needlessly worrying about not competing for an entire week?

While part of me shares that same worry, I can say with confidence the instructional staff does not share that same worry.  It’s my understanding that this week gap was intentional exactly for improving/ cleaning.  They know infinitely more than I do, so I say yes, your worry is needless.

• Thanks 1

Crown's show is fantastic. Super innovative, clear, entertaining, and just bursting with joy and GE. It's giving me Cadets 2000 vibes. Really hoping they can pull it off this year, but TBH I'm a bit concerned with how dirty the percussion is. It's definitely a weakness, but who knows. The snare line in 2013 was filthy even at finals, so it can be done!

Edited by MarimbaManiac

1 minute ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Crown's show is fantastic. Super innovative, clear, entertaining, and just bursting with joy and GE. It's giving me Cadets 2000 vibes. Really hoping they can pull it off this year, but TBH I'm a bit concerned with how dirty the percussion is. It's definitely a weakness, but who knows. The snare line in 2013 was filthy even at finals, so it can be done!

The percussion is holding their own with Bloo in terms of score currently. I'm not worried about them. 

• Like 3

You can't judge spreads in a sub caption with only 2 corps competing in the same tier. They have a tendency to open up once you introduce more corps to the mix. Purely going off my listening experience, and both the battery and pit are dirt right now. They're not winning any drum trophies, but if they tighten it up a bit they can overcome that weakness. In 2013 percussion was 6th, so as long as it's not affecting the music effect scores there is wiggle room. 

1 hour ago, MarimbaManiac said:

You can't judge spreads in a sub caption with only 2 corps competing in the same tier. They have a tendency to open up once you introduce more corps to the mix. Purely going off my listening experience, and both the battery and pit are dirt right now. They're not winning any drum trophies, but if they tighten it up a bit they can overcome that weakness. In 2013 percussion was 6th, so as long as it's not affecting the music effect scores there is wiggle room. 

Yeah .. some truth here but the brass spreads will also open up considerably and honestly I think with this show visual and particularly GE will be the most competitive since 2015. It’s definitely the most engaging show out there and seems to be getting the judges’ respect .. which is hard for Crown. AND .. it is a show that CAN grow momentum over the season. The more you see it the more you like it. Can’t say that about some others. Let’s go Crown 👑!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. some truth here but the brass spreads will also open up considerably and honestly I think with this show visual and particularly GE will be the most competitive since 2015. It’s definitely the most engaging show out there and seems to be getting the judges’ respect .. which is hard for Crown. AND .. it is a show that CAN grow momentum over the season. The more you see it the more you like it. Can’t say that about some others. Let’s go Crown 👑!!!

I define agree. This show is going get better, so much room fro growth. I'm also trying so hard to get into the other shows but just can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Now one is counting on Crowns percussion to win any trophy. No worries there. I'm simply stating the fact that the percussion has held its own twice now, and I believe that they will continue to hold their own as they continue to clean. 4th in percussion can give them a championship. 5th is pushing it. 6th will see them sitting at silver.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I’m not qualified to judge cleanliness of the percussion but I do find it odd that there seems to be an even split of people who talk about how good Crown’s percussion is this year and those who talk about how dirty it is.  I did think they were better in Muncie than Kent, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Now one is counting on Crowns percussion to win any trophy. No worries there. I'm simply stating the fact that the percussion has held its own twice now, and I believe that they will continue to hold their own as they continue to clean. 4th in percussion can give them a championship. 5th is pushing it. 6th will see them sitting at silver.

I think they can hold 4th as in 2019 .. I seem to remember some 7-10th placements over the years. And watching them .. they are determined and their performance aspects are 💯.. they have them on the run the whole show lol. 

• Like 2