2022 Season Predictions

6 hours ago, radiosteele said:

I hope you're right. If they can snap the visual program in place they'll bounce back. Percussion gets the title this year - no one is touching them. 

If you want to say SCV will end up with the percussion title when it's all said and done.........ok that's fine. 

But to say "no one is touching them".............yea that's super false (up to this point) in the season. BD/SCV drums have split their season series 3-3 in six head to head matchups, and the percussion caption/subcaption is also tied 9-9. 

Could SCV's drums surge ahead and win every matchup vs BD moving forward? Sure they could and maybe they will, maybe they won't.

But until they do, BD is on par with them whether you like it or not. 

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

If you want to say SCV will end up with the percussion title when it's all said and done.........ok that's fine. 

But to say "no one is touching them".............yea that's super false (up to this point) in the season. BD/SCV drums have split their season series 3-3 in six head to head matchups, and the percussion caption/subcaption is also tied 9-9. 

Could SCV's drums surge ahead and win every matchup vs BD moving forward? Sure they could and maybe they will, maybe they won't.

But until they do, BD is on par with them whether you like it or not. 

I'll like it either way. This is BD's most entertaining show in years, and their visual program is amazing. BD is not the only corps pushing up in percussion, so is Boston. They have topped Crown head-to-head and are on Bluecoats' heels. In the end, it's just my worthless opinion, and likely nowhere near accurate. I'm glad the DCP lords have given us a place to park it. 

Edited by radiosteele
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, radiosteele said:

I'll like it either way. This is BD's most entertaining show in years, and their visual program is amazing. BD is not the only corps pushing up in percussion, so is Boston. They have topped Crown and Bluecoats head-to-head. In the end, it's just my worthless opinion, and likely nowhere near accurate. I'm glad the DCP lords have given us a place to park it. 

I'm on board with that three way race in Percussion. 

I wasn't that much into SCV in the beginning. Thought they seemed a little out of sorts, but they have come far in a short time. Now with BD and BAC on their heels and BD surpassing SCV depending on the night, it can go a few different ways.  Broken Arrow should show more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, radiosteele said:

BD is not the only corps pushing up in percussion, so is Boston. They have topped Crown and Bluecoats head-to-head.

Incorrect. Bluecoats are the only undefeated drumline remaining at this point and have topped all of the top east/mid-west lines - BAC (Detroit), Cavies (Detroit), Crown (Kent). They have a quite a few vets (compared to some of the other top groups and are playing a very musical book at a high level.  Integration of battery with front ensemble is excellent. They are in the Sanford conversation until proven otherwise.

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Incorrect. Bluecoats are the only undefeated drumline remaining at this point and have topped all of the top east/mid-west lines - BAC (Detroit), Cavies (Detroit), Crown (Kent). They have a quite a few vets (compared to some of the other top groups and are playing a very musical book at a high level.  Integration of battery with front ensemble is excellent. They are in the Sanford conversation until proven otherwise.

Thank you. I'll revise. 

• Like 1

Good summary.

I had some higher hopes this year for Academy and BK. Not disappointed in either, but for whatever reason, just aren't scoring where I thought they might be. 

Wonder what Genesis has up their sleeves. I thoroughly enjoyed them in '21. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sensioto said:

The Boston Crusaders and Mandarins are eyeing their highest finishes ever in World Class. A 4th place or higher BAC and a 9th place or higher Mandarins would be new territory for these corps.

YES YES YES!!! 😆 I saw Mandarins live this year so that show has a special place in my heart. I've been rooting for them the whole way through

20 hours ago, ediblewaffles said:

Tier 1. Blue Devils/Carolina Crown/BAC

Tier 2. Bluecoats/SCV/The Cavaliers

Tier 3 The Cadets/Blue Stars/Mandarins

Tier 4. Phantom Regiment/Blue Knights/Crossmen

Finals Bubble: Colts/The Academy/Madison Scouts

After Broken Arrow and especially after San Antonio (which will be my first DCI show 😁) there might be some movement, but in general I think this is how everything will play out come finals night.

I haven’t gone to a San Antonio show, even after always going to the on of the DFW ones the last 5-6 years, I really need to go down to that show soon!! Most definitely next year

23 hours ago, ediblewaffles said:

Tier 1. Blue Devils/Carolina Crown/BAC

Tier 2. Bluecoats/SCV/The Cavaliers

Tier 3 The Cadets/Blue Stars/Mandarins

Tier 4. Phantom Regiment/Blue Knights/Crossmen

Finals Bubble: Colts/The Academy/Madison Scouts

After Broken Arrow and especially after San Antonio (which will be my first DCI show 😁) there might be some movement, but in general I think this is how everything will play out come finals night.

After you watch Music City, I will like to have your opinion. I think they have a good chance to be between 12-15. 

• Like 2