So I saw on Social media that a long standing forum member going back to the way back machine has died. Howdy AKA Dr. Michael E. Schmidt AKA the loudest trumpet
player in the world AKA alot of other verbs, nouns and  adjectives over the years. 

We had some interesting discussions over the years. Some pleasant some not so pleasant. He was certainly a spirited debater. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, camel lips said:

So I saw on Social media that a long standing forum member going back to the way back machine has died. Howdy AKA Dr. Michael E. Schmidt AKA the loudest trumpet
player in the world AKA alot of other verbs, nouns and  adjectives over the years. 

We had some interesting discussions over the years. Some pleasant some not so pleasant. He was certainly a spirited debater. 

Dang he was in the middle of the Spirit Facebook mess the other month. Swapped posts back in RAMD days and he was strong with his opinions….

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Dang he was in the middle of the Spirit Facebook mess the other month. Swapped posts back in RAMD days and he was strong with his opinions….

It was always back and forth on RAMD back in the days and even on here back in the days and the two platforms could support that sort of banter back and forth. 

Once it bled over into social media and my friends and clients outside of drum and bugle corps started asking me about some of his post and his behavior it starting too close to home. He really started abusing Social Media to the point I just had to block him. Then he started a couple of Sub Forums that I joined that were private and I could watch his head explode from time to time and it was just like the good ole RAMD days. 

I am sure Jeff will see this and chime in shortly. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wow…. puts a different perspective on his comments on the Spirit FB page. Just sad no matter what…

Can I get a couplemof screen shots for reference?,

2 hours ago, camel lips said:

The last thread on Spirits FB page has almost 500 posts and his posts are at various places. Not really possible and I really don’t want to look at them again.

He won't be missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, camel lips said:

Based on many of his posts anywhere the last few years it was evident he was troubled. Sad it came to pass as it did and no matter what he said or did, let’s be above it here and not make this a bash fest. He did have a family.

trust me I had my fair share of issues with him that included lawyers calling him telling him to stop. My thoughts on him could long and heavily edited if I said what I truly thought. But I try not to speak Ill of the dead hoping the same would be done for me. 

except for Fawber. He knows me too well and I’ve been teasing him about his height since I was 9. He’s earned the right to trash me 🙂

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Based on many of his posts anywhere the last few years it was evident he was troubled. Sad it came to pass as it did and no matter what he said or did, let’s be above it here and not make this a bash fest. He did have a family.

trust me I had my fair share of issues with him that included lawyers calling him telling him to stop. My thoughts on him could long and heavily edited if I said what I truly thought. But I try not to speak Ill of the dead hoping the same would be done for me. 

except for Fawber. He knows me too well and I’ve been teasing him about his height since I was 9. He’s earned the right to trash me 🙂

Troubled is the word I was looking for. Swapped some discussions 15-20 years ago and came across as opinionated jerk at times. Worst then was his verbal (possibly more but not proven) attacks on a mini corps that apparently had issues with him.
The Spirit fb page was first time I saw his posts since then and (not knowing the facts) looked like he was going downhill. And now worst came to worst, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone or their family.

And no worry about me trashing… lot of people ahead of you in teasing me about lack of height and hair. 😨

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Troubled is the word I was looking for. Swapped some discussions 15-20 years ago and came across as opinionated jerk at times. Worst then was his verbal (possibly more but not proven) attacks on a mini corps that apparently had issues with him.
The Spirit fb page was first time I saw his posts since then and (not knowing the facts) looked like he was going downhill. And now worst came to worst, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone or their family.

And no worry about me trashing… lot of people ahead of you in teasing me about lack of height and hair. 😨

I felt kind sorry for him.  He lacked the ability to move on with his life and carried a lot of anger and baggage.  I don’t know if he was seeking counseling or not, but it may have been helpful.  Rest In Peace, sincerely.

• Like 4