The Academy 2022

13 hours ago, Flonkerton said:

Now that the season has officially begun, could someone kindly post The Academy's repertoire?  Or is it still top secret 🤐 

Thank you!

It sounds like it's the music from 1971 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

Barber of Seville was in there.

The Oompa Loompa song from the 71 Willy Wonka movie. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Flonkerton said:

Now that the season has officially begun, could someone kindly post The Academy's repertoire?  Or is it still top secret 🤐 

Thank you!

The Academy just completed its second show (At the Rose Bowl" tonight) and its repertoire is still not posted on its academy.org website

On 6/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, KVG_DC said:

Barber of Seville was in there.

The Oompa Loompa song from the 71 Willy Wonka movie. 

KVG-DC; Someone earlier mentioned that they thought the ballad THE ACADEMY performs in "A World Of My Creation" is called "Anthem"? from the musical "CHESS."?  but, I confess, I am unfamiliar with both the song and musical.

I am still awaiting release of THE ACADEMY Repertoire. Some music major in DrumCorpsDom must be able to recognize the pieces that the Corps Music Arraigner: Steve Vento put together for their 2022 music book.

On a side note: The Corps Brass Caption head at the start of THE ACADEMY Memorial Day. Stage music Debut of "A World of My Creation" mentioned that Steve Vento amazingly arraigned a very unique show Opener: "Scene One" that runs for approximately three minutes in length, so that it contains a "music montage" (My Words), of strains from every music selection featured in the show." Sounds like a very cool "musical puzzle" to solve that was actually included in a Show Promotional campaign" designed so that the recipients of various puzzle pieces could figure out the show them for themselves. Quite a novel Idea, I must say. Until then who can? piece THE ACADEMY repertoire together from Opener to Closer?

Congrats on a entertaining show..looking forward to it growing throughout the season...peace

On 6/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, Forevergreen said:

I actually think Academy’s show has some great features to this developing as their best show since 2016. 

"Forevergreen" You must be a Barbara "Barbra" Streisand fan, Yes? LOL  I do believe sir, that your 2016 experience most certainly does able for you to anticipate "Some Great Features", and I too with sweet anticipation have creative expectations of my own for THE ACADEMY Production and Musical Book Tour. That is what is going to make "A Creation of My Imagination" brew all season long.  My guess and hope is, the Pieces of the staffs collective brain trust, will slowly evolve, developing over time and duration of the entire DCI Summer Tour.

Oh what fun for me, the fans in the stands and those following the Corps through FloMarching Streaming the majority of the Corps, Coast to Coast Stops. We're all going to be taken along for the ride as witnesses and recipients of what their imaginations can conjure up for their favorite Corps. I can only, with delicious anticipation await, for what "final" delights could possibly be in store during THE ACADEMY'S "CREATION of My Imagination" along its 11,000 mile journey to Indy.  I am as Giddy as a "Oompa-Loompas". And I think, there just may be a few of us, feeling and singing the same tune this summer. ENJOY!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what exactly is going on, but I’m seeing a lot of Academy members posting on twitter that their food situation is not good right now. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3