Shows to catch now until Finals

Ok, want to sign up for Flo so I can catch DCI Week and some MBs later. Haven’t seen DCI for a few years and want to see if it will hold my interest and same with MBs. Other than DCI Week (not calling it finals as want to see more than 12 corps). What would be some good shows to catch on the web? Be warned my interests are more towards smaller corps, ensembles and All Age (Box5 not showing anything yet due to corps scheduling or going inactive for the season). Just seeing full sized corps with all the equipment all the time is 😴

I’m retired but don’t want to get in the habit of sitting my butt down in front of the tv a lot. Not even for drum corps

Edited by JimF-LowBari

For the big boys, Broken Arrow OK, San Antonio, Atlanta and DCI East for sure. 

Open Class - most are west coast shows for now to see the top dogs other than the Spartans. Not sure what their Flo schedule looks like. 

Whattaya mean you don't want to sit your butt down in front of the TV in retirement for drum corps? That's my biggest look forward to when I do retire. 🙂

28 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

For the big boys, Broken Arrow OK, San Antonio, Atlanta and DCI East for sure. 

Open Class - most are west coast shows for now to see the top dogs other than the Spartans. Not sure what their Flo schedule looks like. 

Whattaya mean you don't want to sit your butt down in front of the TV in retirement for drum corps? That's my biggest look forward to when I do retire. 🙂

Lol my dads later retirement day was basically go out for breakfast, do some house things, take nap or 2 and go out for supper. Rest of time was camped out in front of tv. Just want to be more active at this point.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

FLO will probably have MB in the fall, but not BOA.  BOA will be on BOX5 again this fall…FLO might have USBands again, but they may be it.  
So FLO will be great for DCI, but if you want to see the best MB groups from BOA in the fall, BOX5 will choice.

• Thanks 1

Open class prelims and finals. People skip them and I have no idea why. There ls some great shows and the larger crowd than world prelims gives the energy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol my dads later retirement day was basically go out for breakfast, do some house things, take nap or 2 and go out for supper. Rest of time was camped out in front of tv. Just want to be more active at this point.

Props to you for that. Americans live far too sedentary of a lifestyle, especially during retirement, compared to the rest of our international neighbors. There’s just so much to see and do in one lifetime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Props to you for that. Americans live far too sedentary of a lifestyle, especially during retirement, compared to the rest of our international neighbors. There’s just so much to see and do in one lifetime

Can just hear my late wife *sigh*…
”If after you retire you sit around like your dad…”.

”You’ll kill me??”

Didn’t get an answer 😨

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can just hear my late wife *sigh*…
”If after you retire you sit around like your dad…”.

”You’ll kill me??”

Didn’t get an answer 😨

Just keep moving.  I have an Apple Watch and I make sure I get 10k steps a day and close all my rings.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Open class prelims and finals. People skip them and I have no idea why. There ls some great shows and the larger crowd than world prelims gives the energy. 

That’s why  when we went to DCA I’d always be there for start of Prelims and leave couple of corps before the end (we got tired). That way got to see all the corps during the weekend.