Saturday, July 16th ... “Whitewater Classic” … Perkins Stadium … The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater … Whitewater, WISCONSIN

Um is the anthem guy’s mic working?  That is concerning for sound tonight.  Announcer was loud.  

7 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Hope fans who bought tickets several months ago realize the show starts at 6:30 instead of 7:00.

At one time, Genesis was scheduled for Whitewater, but they’re elsewhere tonight.

Picking up a 24-hour car rental at 1PM at O’hare. Will hit the Best of South Beloit flea market. And feast at the world’s largest Culver’s. Will check into motel then park for free southwest of the stadium on a side street to avoid the $10 university lots.

Love our Culver’s in Auburn Alabama!!

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

52220924058_314014c708_b.jpg

My view for tonight.

You got great seats. You're close enough so that you really feel the brass, you're high up enough to get the most out of watching drill

• Like 1

Just now, Orwellian Wiress said:

You got great seats. You're close enough so that you really feel the brass, you're high up enough to get the most out of watching drill

And the press box window opens, which is a bonus.

Chops are also still listed on the DCI page, but it’s the Green Beret Marching Band setting up on the field now, so I’d say there’s no Chops tonight.

Ah, they’re performing in SoundSport. Program is titled “It’s Your Move”, which one of the WGI Winds groups I saw had as their show them. It’s a chess show. Half the group is in white, the other in black, with stands on the field forming the perimeter of the performing area, as well as staging for soloists and conductors. The stands alternate colors between white and black and feature chess pieces in keeping with the theme.

While a marching band in SoundSport, most of the musicians are on brass and percussion instruments, though I do see a couple saxes down there. I couple clarinets as well.

Two marching snares with the rest of the percussionists (I count 6) in the front ensemble. One conductor on the 50, though one of the snares just took over and she’s moving to the guard, so no dedicated DM/conductor in the group.