DCI - DCA time to merge?

22 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Any  lost  interest in ANY part of our activity isn't good and I think effects the whole BUT often they are self inflicted wounds or a lack of knowing what needs to be done to move............forward

The DCA forum is littered with ideas and criticism especially for the previous administration. But when the former director calls fans complaining online internet trolls on a live mic at retreat at finals well….

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ironlips said:

Agreed, but as you know, The Dream was on a Sunday.

Yes but there’s literally two sundays all summer with dci corps within 2 hours of jersey city. 40 years ago there 5/6 shows with DCA and dci corps in them in the region. Hershey was pretty much the last one……18 years ago

19 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Or perhaps DCA has run its course and that it's destined or pre-ordained path is coming to a close.

It’ll survive at least for a while. I think the new 3 class system is a joke and an excuse for trophies because corps can’t get bodies 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, flamparadiddlediddle1 said:

Yeah good management always can make a difference for sure.  I sort of think that perhaps doing something is better than doing nothing. Maybe there might be a crack in the door with someone connected for revisiting the combined Hershey venue.  I would think anything  that might generate some attendance would be good for everyone.  The more support you have for the activity the better it is for the ‘whole’.    Well  JMO.    

I would avoid that facility during the summer at all costs. The courtroom proved they run a crap process and have deep enough pockets to get away with.

a concert brining 20,000 people they won’t screw with. A drum corps show getting 6-7000 they sure will

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes but there’s literally two sundays all summer with dci corps within 2 hours of jersey city. 40 years ago there 5/6 shows with DCA and dci corps in them in the region. Hershey was pretty much the last one……18 years ago

You are correct, at present, but I wasn't suggesting a particular venue, just a format that could work in various locations. PA is actually a good candidate, geographically.

17 hours ago, ironlips said:

Me, too...Sunrisers '67, '68, '69

We were breathing the same infield dust.

This is when senior corps were the stars of drum corps in the east...My junior corps(St. Rocco's) were pretty good beating Garfield in 1966(twice) but joining The Sky in 67 meant that I was now a MAN..LOL..peace

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ironlips said:

You are correct, at present, but I wasn't suggesting a particular venue, just a format that could work in various locations. PA is actually a good candidate, geographically.

and you have to get the DCI tour to allow it. PA is at an all time low for DCI shows this summer.......and only one is on a weekend. Allentown. Anything within 2 hours of say Harrisburg in NJ or DE or MD is a weeknight

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and you have to get the DCI tour to allow it. PA is at an all time low for DCI shows this summer.......and only one is on a weekend. Allentown. Anything within 2 hours of say Harrisburg in NJ or DE or MD is a weeknight

Yup. Weeknights are out for DCA corps.

"Dream" scenarios would take some coordination, but could be mutually beneficial, particularly by adding some juice to the Open Class shows and exposing those performers to the possibility of a non-tour drum corps league.

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

Yup. Weeknights are out for DCA corps.

"Dream" scenarios would take some coordination, but could be mutually beneficial, particularly by adding some juice to the Open Class shows and exposing those performers to the possibility of a non-tour drum corps league.

I know Bucs had Raiders at their show last week. not sure what other hosts have Open Class corps there.