Your Callout Stories

I was at finals in Orlando many years ago. Kids who filtered into seats were yelling for their friends in Madison as they were playing. Suddenly the old codger behind me screamed "Shut Up!!!" and scared the nonsense out of the rest of us. It is on the cd.

i do enjoy the callouts, even on the recordings, it makes me happy

the thing that i do find annoying at winterguard is the corps sitting across the stadium do some weird synchronized whooping and clapping, for some reason it irritates me but young people like to have fun and old farts like me can just chill the heck out

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, humbugjim said:

I was at finals in Orlando many years ago. Kids who filtered into seats were yelling for their friends in Madison as they were playing. Suddenly the old codger behind me screamed "Shut Up!!!" and scared the nonsense out of the rest of us. It is on the cd.

Laughed way too hard at this

On 7/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, NakedEye said:

Yes. And I have some vague memory of there being talk of a potential penalty if it happened again. I think it was one of the Orlando years?

And the flyover was AFTER the kid's show was complete and a DIFFERENT corps was in the middle of IT'S show.....totally wasted expenditure there.

On 7/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

do it again dci parents i dare you🤡

also shout out to the older lady i sat next to at rose bowl who asked me and everyone around her to scream "GO ZACK" when BD took the field. i hope you're doing well zack, whoever you are

According to the member listing, it could be a guy in the mello line or one of TWO in the euphs.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, humbugjim said:

Forget what year of BD:

"SPANK ME!"

"Shut up!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

According to the member listing, it could be a guy in the mello line or one of TWO in the euphs.

plot twist: they're three triplets all named zack

• Haha 1

Some of our own staff yelled out "CATCH SOMETHING!!" during our ensemble SILENT 6 in the closer in 04.

It's in the recording.

There were two drops right after that, not on the 6, but in the tricky choreo after that. I played it safe for the camera and didn't perform it full-out because of this.

Masters know when and when not to do call outs. This is an example of how not to do it.