MY MESSAGE & PLEA TO FLOMARCHING

4 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

So not only do they get $30/month from me to be able to view competitions, but I had to sit through THE SAME AD 10,000 times this weekend (between every unit, sometimes 5 times in a row!).  

Hopefully you can change what you're watching for a few minutes, or use the mute option.

Not really - the more you flip events, the more ads you get. I have to mute, because the ads are about 4x the volume and I'd like to keep my speakers.

I still pay it, too, because it's the only place to see it, so I honestly don't mind supporting Flo as a business. I just really hate the double-dip at that price point. The performing groups receive royalties from payments to view their performances.

Kudos to the activity for designing programming that also works on a screen. It gives a direction for the activity to creatively grow!

Edited by NewToPosting
Fixed a couple of spelling/grammatical errors (Apologies if I didn't get them all!)

Hmm.  Are you running an ad blocker?  I've not done much switching during WGI events this season yet. But I nixed a bunch of the ads people were getting mid shows even sometimes on DCI last summer cause i ran an ad blocker.

15 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

And an ad between every performance. And every time you switch feeds. This after paying $30/month.

There are VERY FEW media companies that charge subscriptions for ad-supported content. 

So not only do they get $30/month from me to be able to view competitions, but I had to sit through THE SAME AD 10,000 times this weekend (between every unit, sometimes 5 times in a row!). The main reason it sticks out is because it was an ad for a car dealership's Christmas sale (likely a programmatic ad buy that never fulfilled anywhere else).

I could just wait a day and see the recordings someone took from their device WITHOUT the ads - seems more appealing every weekend.

that said it was nice to see advertisers besides 900000 Lone Star and FJM.

but then again watching an NCAA game last week i saw the same ad 8 times in one game

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Hmm.  Are you running an ad blocker?  I've not done much switching during WGI events this season yet. But I nixed a bunch of the ads people were getting mid shows even sometimes on DCI last summer cause i ran an ad blocker.

No!  Is that an option on the FloMarching App on AppleTV? I pipe it in that way so I can watch on my TV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

No!  Is that an option on the FloMarching App on AppleTV? I pipe it in that way so I can watch on my TV.

Oh hmm.  Not sure about that.  I used a browser on the laptop much of the summer as I was traveling.  At home I do use the FloSports app via my Roku. And yeah, probably less control over the ad interruptions.  I watched one event earlier this season all through and there were ads in the usual places where "commercial breaks" would happen but I would just turn attention elsewhere or go get something or such as the groups change anyway.    But yeah if it's forcing the "intro ads" when switching over that's majorly annoying when there's multiple events you want to pop between.

I was thinking about getting a subscription to FloMarching for the '23 DCI season, but after skimming through this thread I'm starting to think it's not such a good idea 🤣 

Are there any other streaming services with DCI on them or is FloMarching the only option?

It's a totally monopoly unless you're willing to find Youtube videos after before they're taken down.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, zackattack07 said:

Are there any other streaming services with DCI...

Nope.  

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It's a totally monopoly unless you're willing to find Youtube videos after before they're taken down.

Youtube vids from fans are oftentimes higher quality than what flo offers, at least to me.  But I still like seeing shows live, so I just suck it up and pay every year for the garbage product.  

• Sad 1

Do they still sell the Blu-Ray/DVD discs? I can't find anything after 2019... I'm guessing it's just from the pandemic recovery and what not, but if they stop selling the disks they are giving solely FloMarching the responsibility to record every show, and if the video and audio is bad then that's all we have on YouTube to watch besides people that record from the audience...

I guess it works in DCI's favor though, cause now you have to buy tickets to see the show live... ☹️