Jersey Surf Needs Our Help

Many years ago, Bill (the JS souvie guy and collector of all things Drum Corps) gave The Daughter some pointers on spinning a rifle.  Needless to say, he made a sale on her first rifle.  We always stop by at any show they perform to say hey.

Donated.

Donated

• Like 1

I chipped in. I remember Legends hitting a wall a few years back too.  Chipped in then as well.  

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

I chipped in. I remember Legends hitting a wall a few years back too.  Chipped in then as well.  

I would add this is a different situation.  One was spending money they didn't have to get new trucks and uniforms while the other is getting hit with inflation.  Surf couldn't predict this a year ago but buying new stuff that you cant afford is the route Glassmen took and it always comes back.

did some digging. Surf budgeted for a bigger corps....and fell 20 kids short or so. that's $60,000 in revenue they didn't get. so with costs going up, including costs for housing drivers, and of course gas and food....that $60k could have gone a long way. Even a smaller corps with  costs as they are hurt. They aren't in danger of folding, they just put it out there to avoid robbing Peter to pay Paul, which too often did corps in.

I know some questioned their schedule with the extended break...but it probably saved them a whole lot of money than if they had been on the road.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1