Hating corps?

1 minute ago, Zanjero said:

I recall getting spit on from their bus windows as we trooped by. May be misremembering, though. 😅

But yeah, still kinda hated them for that. lol

I am never the one to do tough guy internet talk, but if someone spit on me or at me, I am going to prison, because something really bad is going to happen.

To me spitting is the worse thing you can do. I am African American, I would rather be called the "N" word than spit on/at. Just my feelings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, JohnDF said:

Welcome to today's "cancel culture"... Sad really.

I.. am not sure you know what that means 

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am never the one to do tough guy internet talk, but if someone spit on me or at me, I am going to prison, because something really bad is going to happen.

To me spitting is the worse thing you can do. I am African American, I would rather be called the "N" word than spit on/at. Just my feelings. 

I would not have handled this well and it would have fired me up against that corps big time.

I also don't think anyone would have the cajones to do anything close to what's been described in the thread so far to SC, so I was pretty shielded. I hope I'm right.

And don't get me wrong, the cat calls from numerous corps in 2004 were super-gross, but that pales in comparison. I wholly welcome the void of SC alumni on DCP to correct me at any time...

Still getting an itch from this thread that SC may have been involved in perpetuating some of this BS at some point. I guess it's just simple math. If that's the case, I couldn't be more enraged about it. But we are not without our alum who embarrass us through the years. Some might even put me in that category!

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2

I sincerely doubt anyone truly hates Crown or BD, or any other corps on DCP. I am sure plenty hate certain design choices, but not a corps and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

Some people are very loose with their language and don't mean what they say in a literal sense, but some end up interpreting it that way. Hate obviously is a strong term to use. Add on the ambiguity of communicating emotion online and you end up with misunderstandings and overly sensitive people having their feelings hurt. 

Now in real life from people who have had first hand negative experience with a corps? I'm sure whatever hate they feel is valid and reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just wasn't sure enough. And we were wearing helmets. lol 
There was a strange animosity between our two corps back in the early 80s. Something about the late 70s. I wonder what it was?

2 minutes ago, Zanjero said:

Just wasn't sure enough. And we were wearing helmets. lol 
There was a strange animosity between our two corps back in the early 80s. Something about the late 70s. I wonder what it was?

I am very sorry that happened to you. No excuse for that type of behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

They did have the high ground.