Tuesday, July 26th ... “DCI McKinney” … McKinney ISD Stadium McKinney, TEXAS Tuesday, July 26th.. 8:00 PM CT

4 hours ago, tedrick said:

Not enough juice for the Blue Stars 😞

<sigh...>

8th place again...

A little early to say. Let’s see how the week progresses. I imagine they’ll sit well come Saturday. 

22 hours ago, Hirsbrunner said:

Lines into the stadium half a mile long

I've seen super long lines at 3 of the four shows I've been to (Denton, DATR, Ogden).  Local show planners underestimate the additional time it takes to scan electronic tickets vs paper tickets, and don't have enough scanners.  The only show I didn't see it at was San Antonio, but that's in part because the crowd trickles in throughout the day, plus they had more than 2 people scanning tickets...

21 hours ago, Hirsbrunner said:

(It’s not necessarily a matter of execution, but I feel like JDs horn books just fit better with how Phantom does sound compared to the brass approach of SCV years past). 

Agreed.  He fits them like a glove.  And hopefully there is never again grumbling from some alums that his music (Into the Light for example, which is one of my favorite shows) wasn't "Phantom enough."

Looking good, Regiment!

Closing in on Blue Stars. Will this be another show that stalls from them? This one, maybe more than other of their shows, looks like it could be.

They are well balanced, and that guard is fire.  The show is a nice medium feel show though.

I can't not like them.

19 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

SCV live, much much much better than on stream. If I don’t like their show in years to come, I’ll at least know that in person, they’ll make me forget about any qualms I have with it. The musical demand and power they bring is enough to satisfy anyone😦😦😦👀👀👀

I always crack up when people judge shows from Flo.  The live experience is entirely different for many corps performances.  The emotion, quality & power of sound, intensity, and different viewing perspective of visual - it's a whole different (and better) experience.  At times when I read someone's perspective from watching on line for a show I was there live for, I'm like, uhh... were we watching the same show?  In fairness, not everyone has the luxury of attending live shows, and I'm glad that we have Flo so at least more people can see or follow their corps.  it's just a cautionary tale on making conclusions based on online viewings only.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Oh, I thought this was just an awful thing SC alum and fans say. Sorry to read that's not the case. This is such a toxic mindset.

Well, I think those days are loooonnnggg gone.  just like the song says "you don't know what you got till it's gone."  I think anyone that said that now would get flogged.  lol

• Sad 1

Just now, TexasPRfan said:

Well, I think those days are loooonnnggg gone.  just like the song says "you don't know what you got till it's gone."  I think anyone that said that now would get flogged.  lol

Sad to have to repeat this but I met an alum this year who lamented, in front of the corps, about all the dancing in the lot before a show. I responded a loudly as I could that I love it but it really sucked to witness. At least with SC, these days aren't done.

22 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

I always crack up when people judge shows from Flo.  The live experience is entirely different for many corps performances.  The emotion, quality & power of sound, intensity, and different viewing perspective of visual - it's a whole different (and better) experience.  At times when I read someone's perspective from watching on line for a show I was there live for, I'm like, uhh... were we watching the same show?  In fairness, not everyone has the luxury of attending live shows, and I'm glad that we have Flo so at least more people can see or follow their corps.  it's just a cautionary tale on making conclusions based on online viewings only.

Yeah, in general I agree, I’m not making these judgements never having heard a corps in person for the first time though, I’ve seen many of them quite a few times. It might be blasphemous to say that for me there were some shows I saw live that were better for me on stream or through whatever source I watched than it was live, mainly because things that are amplified are more isolated and exposed on some occasions than it would be live(this only really applies to corps that are super reliant on electronics and such) I had a few that I felt that way about when I went to see corps live in Denton, but for the most part there were shows I enjoyed better in person as the experience live is unmatched, no one would argue that 

• Like 1

Okay, totally didn't catch a video of SC in McKinney or anything so don't go thinking I did... but if I had watched it, I'd need to scream into the wind a bit about something...

Let me dole out the love first: I'm very positive about this colorguard. They've opened up in the last several weeks, their performance quality is killer, those port rifle catches in the opener and double turns under tosses are slaying me, love it love it love it! I love seeing so many solo dancer moments.

BUT POINT YOUR DANG FEET SANTA CLARA! 🤐

I can see their dangle-feet from New Mexico! The choreographic tricks in their book are not the flexes they think they are if they're not pointing their feet as they perform them. Those dangle-feet are in the promo videos as well as in the performances. 😞

Love you mean it. 💚💓