Hard to swallow

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t use those platforms so I was specifically referring to DCP website. 

i have seen it, but its pretty uncommon here. mainly just few people complaining that BD is "robbing" other corps or that somehow DCI is "rigged" in their favor. it gets shot down by reasonable people very quickly. on other platforms, however, it can get pretty nasty.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ashontheinternet said:

i have seen it, but its pretty uncommon here. mainly just few people complaining that BD is "robbing" other corps or that somehow DCI is "rigged" in their favor. it gets shot down by reasonable people very quickly. on other platforms, however, it can get pretty nasty.

I understand.  I like everyone.  I just like a few everyones a little more. Blue Devils are one of them.   

• Like 4

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I understand.  I like everyone.  I just like a few everyones a little more. Blue Devils are one of them.   

that's respectable. BD is a force to be reckoned with. i personally favor towards Bluecoats, but that might be my youngster showing through 👶

I don't see very much criticism of BD. Most negative comments can be summarized as "Yes, they had the best performance, but they design their shows to the sheets wheras I prefer Corps X who I find more entertaining". Even the detractors usually qualify their comments with simultaneous praise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You do realize that most older people on here are very supportive of young members?   With money, volunteering, and going to shows to support them.  Have you looked at the age of volunteers?  They aren’t young.  My husband had no children in drum corps but he volunteered to drive a vehicle, using his vacation time.  He was 62 at the time and he drove all night for 16 days. 

So?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I don't see very much criticism of BD. Most negative comments can be summarized as "Yes, they had the best performance, but they design their shows to the sheets wheras I prefer Corps X who I find more entertaining". Even the detractors usually qualify their comments with simultaneous praise.

Honestly, I haven’t enjoyed a BD show since their Godfather show. Does that make me bad or a hater? I sure hope not. I appreciate they have found an audience that appreciates what they do. It’s just not my cup of drum corps no harm no foul.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, FTNK said:

So?

Really? Why do you ask this? How can you argue someone’s commitment to the activity when they give up their hard earned vacation time to keep a corps going down the road? I’ve spent a decade or several volunteering in many captions to keep the corps I love with all my heart on the road. It’s about the experience. Try it. You may like it.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1