Hard to swallow

14 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

THIS. Is what the drum corps community needs to hear

Also, young DCI fans exist and they should be treated with the same respect. I see so much age discrimination in this community towards younger fans, and then all the elders cry "ageist!" just because DCI has age limits. You may have marched in the 70s or 80s, but you need to still need to grow up.

That’s not really fair. Those of us who marched in the 70s and 80s (me) still have a lot to contribute. I marched in the late 80s and alumni who marched in the 50s, 60s or 70s and were around the corps often felt the same way about the 80s as many of us do about today’s drum corps. Everyone is going to think their era was the best. 

Telling people to grow up is just out of line. That’s not a way to earn respect.

• Like 3

Typical boomers - constantly put down the younger generation and tell them the things they love are bad, ‘cause “they don’t make em like they used to.” Then get all sanctimonious about “respect” and lecture the youngs about how virtuous they are. Pathetic honestly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Typical boomers - constantly put down the younger generation and tell them the things they love are bad, ‘cause “they don’t make em like they used to.” Then get all sanctimonious about “respect” and lecture the youngs about how virtuous they are. Pathetic honestly.

No one was putting down the younger generation.  The attack was on older people.  You’re the one wrapping yourself in sanctimony.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7

The judges who judge Saturday night finals rarely get it wrong--and the best overall show (both designed and performed), usually wins.  imo, Boston clearly has the show of the year--I do expect them to give BD a run for the title. 

• Like 1