Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

This will be a year similar to 2008. BD may stay ahead till Indy, but BAC's superior show will put them over the top. 

That very well may happen. And this BD Honk will be the first to give BAC a huge standing ovation for job well done. 

However the major difference between 2008 and 2022 so far is that Constantly Risking Absurdity had a glaring weakness.........5th place percussion that allowed Spartacus to sneak in the back door. 

So far, Tempus Blue has shown no weaknesses. Guard and Drums are razor thin margins for BAC with them and BD currently splitting content and achievement in both captions. 

Keywords are "So Far." We will see what happens moving up forward.

Do it up Devils!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

giphy.gif

But honestly I'm just enjoying the season.  Could BAC do it? Possibly.  It won't be easy. 

If they do, I'd be looking forward to what BD brings next year to go undefeated and turn the activity on it's head!

Very true. If BD does take home silver, we can look forward to 2023 with excitement as BD fans.

The five times BD lost since 2008, they won the following seasons, and four of those seasons were undefeated, 1930, Cabaret Voltaire, Felliniesque and Metamorph. Ghostlight was the only champion that didn't go unbeaten.

If BAC slays the BD dragon.............for 2023 I am pushing all my chips to the middle for BD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Well, nobody can accuse ME of corps jumping....I have been supporting the Boston Crusaders since 1978. But, there are some folks on here who are now all in on BAC potentially winning the big dance at Lucas who back on June 15th posted on here that I was crazy for saying I thought it could be BD and BAC in the "top 2 come August".  😀

That is straight facts.

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Ha lol. Yes, the Bureau is big in my area and I found it confusing for a bit when I first moved here.

They are a big deal in the west.  Mt students from the east don’t understand why westerners are often irritated by the federal government.  Then I show them a map showing all federal lands; then they understand 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

I’d love to see BD move outside of their comfort zone and bring their legendary execution to a show that is artistically more risky and explores some of the less comfortable emotions. 

When they did that (1930, Through a Glass Darkly, Cabaret Voltaire, Re:Rite of Spring) people whined about it! (And then everyone else started copying their ideas.) I love those shows. But it’s a very “be careful what you wish for” situation, IMO.

I think we’re so used to BD’s style that it becomes easy to overlook what’s innovative about it because, in the BD context, it’s consistent. Watching all the shows in a row at a big regional, though, reminds me of how BD’s show looks and feels different from everyone else’s from its opening set. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Well, nobody can accuse ME of corps jumping....I have been supporting the Boston Crusaders since 1978. But, there are some folks on here who are now all in on BAC potentially winning the big dance at Lucas who back on June 15th posted on here that I was crazy for saying I thought it could be BD and BAC in the "top 2 come August".  😀

he’s right and he’ll never let us live it down 😛

but I still don’t think BAC came out guns blazing at the start of the season in the way that BD and Crown (among others) did … It’s not a cleanliness or design thing, just an energy thing. The confidence leap has been very real, IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

he’s right and he’ll never let us live it down 😛

but I still don’t think BAC came out guns blazing at the start of the season in the way that BD and Crown (among others) did … It’s not a cleanliness or design thing, just an energy thing. The confidence leap has been very real, IMO. 

I agree. Good thing Indy is in mid August and not mid June.  😀

• Like 1

Yah. Boston is in a really good place.  All things are pointing to a medal year this year (minting to be determined!) charging in for the beyond. 

I think one of the things that makes this year kind of exciting too is we're all kind of seeing if that "competitive inertia" theory that pops up around here holds or not.  The bit about 'needing to medal in the modern era before you'll win it' bit of that in particular. 

• Like 3