Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

1 hour ago, craiga said:

This is an interesting, albeit surprising take on Boston's recent shows.  I think 99% of BAC'S staff and members would be surprised (and actually, amused) by the characterization that it produces, "religiously themed shows".

I think you could say "historically themed", but as someone who is around this drum corps in person more than nearly anyone else here on DCP, I can tell you there is no latent religiosity hidden in BAC'S organization. 

Everyone may have their own interpretation of each show, of course, which is completely fine.  And let's not even go down the rabbit hole of their name.  They have had "Crusaders" as part of their name since 1940.

I will say that many years ago there was a poster on here who went by the name BRASSO. He once told me that you haven’t really made it UNTIL people start talking about you in unimaginable ways.  Looks like he was right!

I remember Brassi, is he gone ?  Thank god……

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

As others have pointed out, the cringe-y stuff in 2017, the featured Angel in 2011 and 2012 were very much the product of one individual pushing his thumb onto the design staff. Despite their origin, the corps was primarily known for celebrating the work of American composers for decades. Even when they did an excerpt from Mass in 1990, it was restrained, unlike 2017. The weird message-y self-help stuff mainly happened in the later days, much to the detriment of the organization. But that chapter is now, thankfully, closed. 

But, 'the one individual' you mention is trying to pry open a door back into the activity....

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I had a really snarky comment as a reply, but with Boston Crusaders on the verge of medaling, maybe even winning a title, and Cadets are inching back where they belong with a bright future ahead, I’m in too good a mood!🙂

Save it as a file.  Never know when you be having a grumpy day.  And I would really like to see your 'inside-baseball' take.

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was being sarcastic.  My husband is a Marine.

I thought we banned sarcasim

• Haha 1