Allentown Schedules Posted (plus scores needed to move up in Indy timing)

15 hours ago, old drmmjr said:

Let's hope the weather is better than being forecasted at the moment. 60% of showers and thunderstorms for each night, as of this morning. I'm sure it will change several dozen times before then, but hopefully for the better. No concourse to hide under at JBC stadium. 

Been holding on to these seats for 3 years, and would hate to see it go to waste now 

With nowhere to get out of the rain and that monster hill, i may have to give up my ticket and stay home.  I just can’t physically deal with it anymore!  To say i am sad about this would be a gross understatement.  And i have to decide by Thursday afternoon so I don’t get stuck with the hotel bill. 

13 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Order of appearance at the DCI World Championship Prelims (August 11 in Indianapolis, IN) will be based on the reverse order of finish of scores averaged from events in San Antonio, Atlanta, Winston-Salem, and Allentown. Open Class participants will be seeded in the first blocks of performing corps based on reverse order of finish from Open Class Championship events. In the event a corps is not scheduled to appear in a major regional event, their last score received prior to that regional event will be used for averaging purposes.

https://dci.org/news/explainer-how-performance-order-is-set-for-2022-dci-tour

Thank you!

As a financial incentive for the marching members: Would a reduction in fees for each year of retention with the same corps be a factor..Full fee for the first year and then every year after a percentage reduction for their participation?..Just throwing it out there..maybe it already happens.. maybe $ is not the issue but rather some other issue..With fees at an estimated 5k in some world class corps, a reduction of perhaps 10% per year might help.Plus, the mm's could use the extra savings to buy stuff while on tour..I know that paying for quality instruction costs, but after that, as an incentive, consider the above..Peace

24 minutes ago, bacmominator said:

Thank you!

Since Crown and BD didn't perform in Winston-Salem they are now averaged from San Antonio and Atlanta. Unless BD scores points off the leader in Allentown it's a given they will perform last at prelims.

11 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Sounds about right, and USBands’ competition schedule is loaded with NE and mid-Atlantic shows

If they'd done an all out blitz in NE in 2018, BOA would own the entire market nationally right now 

16 hours ago, SaturdayNightLights said:

I have it on good authority that at least as of a few years ago they were intentionally not holding shows up in the NE because it was "USBands Territory"

BOA has consistently had a regional either in Maryland or Delaware for a while now. But again the size of the bands attending is far smaller than most BOA shows

5 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Since Crown and BD didn't perform in Winston-Salem they are now averaged from San Antonio and Atlanta. Unless BD scores points off the leader in Allentown it's a given they will perform last at prelims.

Thanks for the clarification.