Finals... Colts, Troopers or both.

Crossmens numbers confuse me. i was more underwhelmed live than i am on Flo

• Thanks 2

On 8/9/2022 at 2:04 PM, CAtenhut said:

They didn't have their first show until July and then lost a week due to Covid. But once they got everyone back last week, they've been surging. People will go nuts if Troopers sneak in and it'll do so much for their recruiting going forward. 

Given the realities of having to go spend a lenghty time in Casper, that is one thing that cant help but be a negative when recruiting.   I still find  miraculous they managed to survive when so many fellow founder corps have failed. 

14 minutes ago, Zakhad Utah said:

Given the realities of having to go spend a lenghty time in Casper, that is one thing that cant help but be a negative when recruiting.   I still find  miraculous they managed to survive when so many fellow founder corps have failed. 

I think the Troopers should embrace their location and make it a positive rather than a negative. Wyoming is an incredible state and aside from the distance from a major airport (which I think they solve by having camps closer to Denver?) there's nothing that beats the big skies and clean air—just ask the Blue Devils who did their spring training in Wyoming. 

Have the summer of your life in God's country! Weathered barn wood, hardened cast iron, fragrant sage brush, stunning sunsets, authentic people, untamed wildlife and muscular drum corps!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Granny Smith said:

I think the Troopers should embrace their location and make it a positive rather than a negative. Wyoming is an incredible state and aside from the distance from a major airport (which I think they solve by having camps closer to Denver?) there's nothing that beats the big skies and clean air—just ask the Blue Devils who did their spring training in Wyoming. 

Have the summer of your life in God's country! Weathered barn wood, hardened cast iron, fragrant sage brush, stunning sunsets, authentic people, untamed wildlife and muscular drum corps!

didn't BD do spring training in Wyoming?

Yah BD went up to Wyoming for spring training. 

one of my favorite Troopers show was the show they did for the Cenntenial 1990.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Granny Smith said:

Oh, don't get me wrong Central Wyoming is truly beautiful, but a great deal of today's youth are so acclimated to uber modern life and access to everything, that  it might be a bit of culture shock, unless they were raised in rural or isolated settings.  I may have been residing in central SLC for 30yers, but any chance I can get to go up into the Wasatch, or even take a  trip out into the western wilderness of Utah, i grab it.   It's sort of a shame that Casper isnt a university town.. that would boost tyouth culture a bit.  As it is, I am so happy to dig around and find out that Troopers is a beloved institution there.

So, Laramie is where the University of Wyoming is and is where the Blue Devils had their spring training. Best I can tell it's about 2 hours from Denver's airport. I wonder why the Troopers don't do their spring training there? (Wait...probably because BD has more reserves of cash than the Troopers).

I saw photos of the Blue Devils' free performance for this small university town and it was remarkable how many people turned out for it—probably as many people as a number of the smaller dci shows this summer. 

7 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

So, Laramie is where the University of Wyoming is and is where the Blue Devils had their spring training. Best I can tell it's about 2 hours from Denver's airport. I wonder why the Troopers don't do their spring training there? (Wait...probably because BD has more reserves of cash than the Troopers).

I saw photos of the Blue Devils' free performance for this small university town and it was remarkable how many people turned out for it—probably as many people as a number of the smaller dci shows this summer. 

For a few years, Troopers rehearsed in Cheyenne for a portion of pre-tour camp. Stadium access and housing was less than ideal during that time period. Cheyenne is right up the road from us here in Denver. That is also why they host their show in Cheyenne. (Better attendance potential vs Casper). 

7 hours ago, Granny Smith said:

If it’s good enough for BD it’s good enough for everyone! It’s weird too though, everyone is gonna be going on tour with the final destination being Indy anyways. The only way any corps’ location should affect enrollment is in regards to perhaps proximity(fixed by the fact that corps always come to auditionees, in the northeast, Midwest, Cali, Southeast, and Texas) and further incurred costs maybe due to having to travel further, maybe in a busier aerial travel market. It’s great to have that clean air and crystal clear skies for sure too up there in Wyoming haha

Troopers have a problem in percussion.  The problem is how to get the credit they deserve.

Among these four corps, the Troopers percussion are the one standout section that could compete with someone above the 11th-14th grouping.  But there is an apparent reluctance among judges to let any of these corps score outside of their neighborhood in any caption.  If that ceiling breaks today/tomorrow, game on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1