Do NOT miss the Bluecoats Alumni Corps...DO NOT!!!

I find this absolutely exhilerating that the BlueCoats Alumni are going to perform as part of DCI's 50 th Anniversary Celebration tonight.  And with so many former corps members participating ;  this is going to be a performance to cherish and  remember for a lifetime.  You are representing not only a wonderful Bluecoats organization; but also  all the former DCI participants of every corps who for one last time would  love to hear the roar of the crowd and perform as if it was yesterday and life was so young.  I HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES TONIGHT.      

• Like 5

16 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I watched the rehearsal of the 50th Anniversary Bluecoats Alumni Corps tonight.  I'm not going to give out any of the show secrets, although most will be known tomorrow night after their performance in Akron.

All I'm saying is a NEW STANDARD is being set for Alumni Corps performances at DCI semifinals Friday night.  425 members doing it the Bluecoats way.

If you can come out and see them live tomorrow night you will NOT regret it!!! 

ps the 2022 version of the Bluecoats did a full run tonight for the Alumni Corps.  It was indeed their best run of the year.  Tomorrow night is going to be FUN!

I have heard a few minor things about this from a few Bloooo alumni connected folks!! Been looking forward to it all summer!! I feel like I am spending an absurd amount of $$ for a 48 hour trip to Indy, but I know once Friday night is over I'll feel like I would have spent 5x that amount!! 
Should be an AWESOME weekend for my first time to DCI finals weekend!!! See you all in the oil can 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Purdue now about that size as well.  

How many of those are solely pushing that drum around though 😉 

• Haha 1

Just now, Prtzdle said:

I have heard a few minor things about this from a few Bloooo alumni connected folks!! Been looking forward to it all summer!! I feel like I am spending an absurd amount of $$ for a 48 hour trip to Indy, but I know once Friday night is over I'll feel like I would have spent 5x that amount!! 
Should be an AWESOME weekend for my first time to DCI finals weekend!!! See you all in the oil can 🙂

Worth it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

4 pushers & 2 hitters.  

Less props movers than drum corps show!  

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Purdue now about that size as well.  

So does (the real) U.S.C.  I remember when Drew Brees & Purdue came to L.A. for a game.  It may have been his first start. It was HOT.

• Like 1